Menthol Mondays!! WooHoo!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Dridecker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I can't wait! I want to try that other stuff in the coldest menthol thread too. It is definitely on the list.

2. PS27

PS27 Member

Every day is pretty metholed-up for me these days, but I was off this morning and got to take some extra time. Showered using Mentha soap (awesome stuff), then shaved with TSD Iced Subzero. Splashed on Barbasol Pacific Rush after shave with added menthol crystals. A little while later I experimented with the French Green Clay facial treatment -- gave it some time and splashed on more Pacific Rush around my neck only.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

This Russian-made cream has plenty of menthol in it, as well as great lather and a nice scent and skincare! It's called Tet-a-Tet.

Attached Files:

4. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

I am getting nervous. I only have one snurdle of CO Big left in my tube for tomorrow, then I am out of anything with menthol in it. I have a TSD Subzero order in and I am hoping it will come by next Monday. I have become addicted to Menthol Mondays for sure!

5. geogaga

geogaga Member

Hm, I didn't know about this thread, but today I have shaved with an Omega SC and Svoboda AS vitamine F balsam. Both are frezing :anifrozen

6. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Thanks for this morning's inspiration. 73F and humid in Charlotte

Shick Krona
    Kai Blade day1
    Simpsons PJ2 Best
    Proraso Pre-Post
    Ingram Shaving Cream
    Alcolado Glacial to finish.

Beware of the Penquin!!!

Tom

7. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

8. crackstar

This Solo Menthol cream is not very cooling, although it can be felt during a shave. This Vifrex aftershave gel is a freezer!

Attached Files:

9. beyboo

beyboo New Member

Nobody yet mentioned Godrej Menthol Mist in this thread so far !!:mad:

Ok here's my plan with you league of fine gentlemen...

Monday - Godrej Menthol Mist
    Tuesday - Parke Avenue Cool (Nice Menthol. New product launch)
    Wednesday - VI-John Mentholated
    Thursday - Gatsby (mild menthol)
    Friday - Glide Icy Kool (nice menthol touch)
    Saturday - Dettol Cool (Menthol !!)

Sunday - Super Lather Orgy -Godrej Shave Round + Godrej Manthol Mist !!!:cool:

Ok so when is the Lime week coming on now ?? :D

10. Tommynick

I'm game for another go.

Krona
    Kai Day 2
    Proraso Pre-Post
    Godrej Methol Mist
    Simpson PJ2
    Vifrex to finish

Thanks Crackstar and Beyboo for the suggestions.

11. geneaut

geneaut Member

What's the coolest of the Indian shave creams ? I have some samples of the Godrej Menthol Mist, Vasmol Cool, and Dettol Cool on the way from the TSD store.

12. beyboo

beyboo New Member

Godrej Menthol Mist outguns them all.

I think Jeff our resident Menthol champion should be able to rate if Menthol Mist can fall in the top 3 most mentholy creams around...

13. crackstar

Manish is 100% right. Godrej Menthol Mist is as frigid as they make them. (Except for Iced Subzero cream or soap) It easily compares to Italian, or Romanian Palmolive Menthol. Dettol Cool is plenty cold also, but I have never tried Vasmol Cool. :)

14. crackstar

Oh, la, la--I completely forgot about these 2 creams. Egyptian Palmolive Menthol, and Denu, a cream from Colombia. Arctic freeze is guaranteed with these 2. HOWEVER: The Egyptian Palmolive Menthol does not have a nice scent at all, but the lather is wonderful, and so is the skincare, and the Denu cream lathers very well also, but has not such great skincare, and the scent is very nothing.

Attached Files:

15. TimV

TimV Member

Iced subzero mixed with Poraso green cream is tough to beat for a cool shave on Monday.

16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Man; You've got away of talkin' about menthol thats gettin' cats all fired up...I missed last Mon. Now I'm fired up...So I started skowering Istanbul looking for Menthol...wasn't easy...the mail system doesn't cut it here, so mail ordering is really a hit or miss proposition...today I found the shaving district...actually a part of town where all the Barber supply houses are...more for Barbers than personal use, didn't see any Menthol, other than Derby Menthol Cream but I've read pretty weak reviews (whats the real skinny ?), but they do have DE blades...so I bought some Derby Extras, good price, and after I paid the cat for the blades I'm crying about not being able to find a nice mentholated creme...And the guy behind the counter says ...Oh we have the new Arko Menthol Cream, just haven't had time to put it out yet, and he throws a tube in my bag, no charge...pretty cool...I hope its really good....Has anyone tried it ?? I want something with the Crackster's seal of icy approval...:)) At anyrate I've got new blades and new cream and AS for Monday...probably can't wait, maybe tomorrow will be Freezing Friday....

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Everyday is a great day for a menthol shave! :D

18. crackstar

My friend, you'll laugh at me---menthol is so good for my morale. :D I was told that the Derby Menthol is not even cooling, although I must to admit I never tried it! :happy102 The Arko Moist is not super-cooling, but it is still cooling enough to be felt. ;) The Arko sticks, which I believe are the best shaving thing made in Turkey is a legend, in my honest opinion, but if you want to know about heavy-duty menthol, you should try these creams and soaps:

1) TSD Iced Subzero soap or cream (heeeeeee-hawwwwwwww!)
    2) Italian or Romanian Palmolive Menthol cream (yipppyyyy!)
    3) Williams Menthol cream (Yesssssss!)
    4) Gada Cool Mint cream (wowwwwww!)
    5) Ingram cream (Yummmmyyy!)
    6) Tet-a-Tet cream Byooooteafull!)
    7) Ginger's Garden Iced Mint soap (Ahhhhhh, so nice!)

Those creams and soaps are guaranteed to put icicles in your face, buddy! ;)

19. Tommynick

5/10

Omega Boar Brush
    British Rocket
    Polsilver Day 3
    Proraso pre Post
    Proraso Soap
    Boosters Lime with added menthol

20. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You Da Man...Thanks...I'll just "cut & paste" that list to the wife's shopping list and see what happens..:))