Mentholated shave soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Omelmad, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I have had the luxury of trying a RR soap, but I developed some kind of sensitivity for it. So now I'm afraid to buy another

2. Omelmad

That's a big step just so you know hahaha from proraso green to a glacial. I was very surprised!

Jostalli likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Mentholate any soap or cream you want, make it as cold as you want, with TSD M Bomb!

Omelmad likes this.
  4. Omelmad

Not all of us have access to it =P I wish I had access to this miracle product haha

crackstar likes this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm sorry to hear that. My brother-in-law cannot take it either - he says it also irritates him badly. :(

Omelmad likes this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

You have access, but I can see where shipping overseas could be cost prohibitive.

7. Omelmad

Hahahha sometimes I don't formulate my sentences properly. I don't want to feel like I'm in school.

I meant I don't have easy access. Even if I buy it, it might not get here

8. Omelmad

I can handle some chill, it's fine by me. Man I still remember when I shaves with wintergreen glacial. It was a hate/love shave =P

crackstar likes this.
  9. crackstar

The first time I ever shaved with a Glacial soap was last November and I had my doubts that I'd be able to handle the effect because the freezing was so intense that my head was pounding and my eyes started tearing. By the second pass I literally had trouble feeling the razor blade on my skin. The cold water rinse nearly numbed me and I could feel that sensation for hours afterwards. It's not a soap for anyone who cannot handle a menthol level so potent. The Synergy Frost_byte soap is also very powerfully-mentholated, but not quite like a Glacial soap.

10. Omelmad

I want a mentholated soap. But not that much. A little more than proraso green is okey =P

crackstar likes this.
  11. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how you like the menthol effect of Proraso green, but stirling glacial is a BIG step up. Stirling has a range of mentholated soaps though with different levels. One that is more middle of the road but still pretty cold is Stirling Frozen Tundra. TSD iced subzero is also good.
    Whatever you want to do, go for it, but if you have the ability to get a middle of the road menthol along with Glacial, might be useful.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    crackstar and Jostalli like this.
  12. crackstar

Margaritas in the Arctic from Stirling Soaps is very cold without being overwhelmingly intense like a Glacial soap. :)

13. Omelmad

soooo.... between Proraso green and Wintergreen glacial where does it stand? hahaha the next time I get stirling products I wanna try MITA

crackstar likes this.
  14. crackstar

MITA ranks at around B+ on my own personal Cracky Wacky Ticky Tacky Menthol Scale. Colder than Proraso Green but not as cold as Glacial. :)

Omelmad likes this.
  15. Badger91

Badger91 New Member

One of the first soaps I tried when moving to a brush was Mama Bear's Awakenings. Strong stuff, but very cooling/enjoyable. Have also tried her Lime Ice and Bear Ice. Have enjoyed them all.

Omelmad and crackstar like this.
  16. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

TSD Iced Subzero and QCS Vostok.

crackstar likes this.
  17. Omelmad

I see there is a lot of you that suggests TSD iced subzero. Must be a good soap =)

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  18. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I don't go out on a limb for many products. If I feel they are solid choices with universal appeal, I will confidently recommend them.

I do joke about my love for The Veg and Arko, but I never think for a moment that these are not extremely polarizing products.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  19. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

TSD lanolin is a solid soap. I won't call it amazing, but definitely good (IMO). The scent of Subzero is like those white mint candies that you get out of candy machines, but on steroids.
    Or, if you're a peppermint fan, you can twice-ice the peppermint flavour, and it will be just as cold.

20. dad3*3

dad3*3 New Member

I like the Stirling Mentholated soaps but I just ordered TSD M Bomb to try with Arko, should be interesting.

Kilgore Trout and crackstar like this.