Merkur Futur Clone....My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Apr 8, 2017.

1. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I didn't necessarily mean to point the finger at PAA, other companies have tried to reverse engineer or re=create old out of production razors.

RyX and jmudrick like this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yes, merely an obvious example. Merkur would be another one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RyX and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  3. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I have an almost perfect copy of a Gillette Single ring. It has no stamp, and I'd think it was just missed when stamped, except that the plate is the same thickness across. Gillette thins out at the comb.

jmudrick and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  4. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

What stuns me is that this is an adjustable razor being sold for less than a lot of the crappy Chinese clones of the Tech. Something seems really odd here. It's not a case of being a loss-leader. One almost has visions of an automated razor factory that has run amuck.

If this were a movie, I'd wonder if each one had a hidden mind control device.

BTW, if you look, there are auctions (not BIN) starting at $0.01 with free shipping. Maybe it's time to set a ridiculously low bid and see if you get lucky. :)

Jim99 likes this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

It's been said, if it looks too good to be true......
    Surely there's a hook somewhere.
    Buyer be ware.

6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

There are enough of the QShave units bought from QShave in Shenzen to establish they are good units. I'd say the jury is still out on the cheaper units until QC is verified.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  7. korbz

korbz Active Member

Just received a qshave adjustable and had my first shave this morning. Quality of the razor for sub $7 price point was awesome. Blade alignment was no issue and the shave was 3 pass bbs (3-3.5-4 wtg, xtg, atg). Very little blade feel but very audible. Happy with my purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, ninjack, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  8. Bookworm

I thought I'd mention that I checked my purchased items, and the picture for the razor is now a Nanji TTO. (with, of course, the "The listing below has been updated by the seller, but you can see the item you purchased." caveat)

I guess we'll both see what actually shows up, won't we? :)

RyX and ninjack like this.
  9. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

haha. same deal with my seller. im gonna message this guy.

10. Bookworm

I've bought from that seller before, I think, and I received exactly what was sold. I suspect that the seller is just taking the easy way out on switching stock for the sale. (One of the old photos didn't get removed) I've noticed that a lot of the chinese sellers hotload the main part of their ebay sale pages from their own web site; many of them are going to be sorely disappointed next month, as E-Bay is going to be cracking down/eliminating all active content loaded from outside. So all the hotloaded photos are of the Nanji, but one of the ebay pictures is the Futur clone.

11. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

My ebay order is showing the same thing. I ordered from Uncle_Ding. Guess I'll have to wait and see what shows up in the mail.

Linuxguile and Jim99 like this.
  12. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from Uncle_Ding, too. I've sent a message to him asking which I will receive.

I'm starting to think that some Pan-Pacific MLM really screwed this one up.

Linuxguile, ninjack and Jim99 like this.
  13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

What the.....????????

It happened with my order too!

I hope that this isn't a scam. I've sent a request to Uncle Ding and asked for some clarification on this matter.

IMG_2400.PNG

ninjack likes this.
  14. ninjack

I'm going to be very disappointed if it is a scam, but at least it's less than $6 for the 2 I ordered. I'll just give the Nanjie razors away as gifts. Maybe I can get some DE converts.:)

15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

If it's too good to be true, it probably is!

I noticed that, with the exception of one QShave auction, all of the sub $3 clones are nowhere to be found on eBay.

Can you spell SCAM?

Linuxguile likes this.
  16. drwevil

drwevil Well-Known Member

How about here?
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/122462818081

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. ninjack

Really? That certainly doesn't sound good at all. My ebay page has the Listing below has been updated by the seller, but you can see the item you purchased note on it as well, and when you go to it, it shows the Futur clone yet has the same discription. I think we may have been had.

18. ninjack

This listing shows a picture of the Futur clone at the top, but when you scroll down it changes to a picture of the Nanjie.

19. drwevil

So it does .... PayPal dispute coming up.

ninjack likes this.
  20. drwevil

The one I brought off has 60000+ positives
    Mine hasnt arrived yet. But I will let you know what I get.