Merkur Progress

Discussion in 'Safety Razor Reviews' started by DragonBoy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

isnt that about the time that rad kicks back up though?....lather...rinse....repeat

Spud likes this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Yeah, i think there may be a purge in the cycle somewhere. How else would we lament over the ones that got away.

Spud likes this.
  3. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I've praised the "Progress" many times on these forum pages. It's a work of art.

Spud and simms623 like this.
  4. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I have a question:
    Do you guys dial up or down with subsequent passes?
    It seems intuitive to start high and dial down to reduce the chances of irritation. @mantic recommends working upward and after reading online I see many do it that way.
    This is kind of over analyzeing; just want to know what others are doing.
    Thanks.

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I set it and forget it, on adjustables. On the dual sided Shavecraft 101, i guess i use the milder side for the first two passes (i cant tell much different).

Spud and riverrun like this.
  6. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Set it and forget it. Sometimes on 2, sometimes on 3 or 4. I can't see the numbers without reading glasses anyway... which I don't wear while shaving...

7. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

I do three passes (WTG,XTG, ATG) set on 4 or 5, then I dial all the way down to 1 for the final polishing & buffing. This is easy to do with wet, soapy hands since it only requires you to turn the knob clockwise until it stops.

I have found it works well with every blade I've fed it, although Polsilver and Astra are favorites for me.

Spud likes this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I set it and forget it, as well.

Spud likes this.