Merkur Slant

Discussion in 'Safety Razor Reviews' started by Will, May 18, 2007.

1. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Whoa….2007 thread unearthed!
    The majority of comments still ring true about the slant razors ,however.
    I would not recommend a slant bar razor to a person new to wet-shaving, but certainly after the new shaver get his 'sea legs', I see no reason to recommend a slant.

Pf3427 likes this.
  2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I bought one from Kerry. It's is in limbo somewhere in Sweden

3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I was tempted to pick up that one up. But my DE razors get so little use nowadays, I thought it best not to add the the pile….but i do love the slant!

Omelmad likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Wow, 2007! I was still using a Mach 3 back then. Years before I had seen a slant in a cutlery store. It looked very intimidating. I didn't get my 37C until I had my technique down. Now, it is in my rotation. I am currently using it for the third week in December.
    upload_2014-12-15_14-34-10.png

HolyRollah likes this.
  5. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

My slant hasn't gotten any use since September. I decided to spend some time getting to know my NEW LC and then my Fatboy. I finally came back to th 37c, and I'm not sure I like it as much as I remember. Still no irritation, but it doesn't seem to give me nearly as close a shave as my Fatboy on 9 or my shimmed NEW, and it's given me 1 or 2 weepers per shave.

6. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

You can just dump all your DEs here in my mailbox, I'll give them a nice home.

All kidding aside, I was looking forward to owning a slant. It doesn't seem like it will ever arrive. But I'm still a little hopeful haha