Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an easy shave with my 1900 Kampfe Bros Star today.

IMG_20210222_130213459_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20210222_130122110_HDR~2.jpg

Ron R and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

GAW9576 likes this.
  3. GAW9576

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you Greg.:)building a salt flat 32 chopped 5 window as well..early stages..

GAW9576 likes this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Tue, Feb 23rd 2021- Part of the ASR corp family of razors!

Razor: Everready 1924(AKA Shovel head)MFG 1924-33, excellent mid range>,different way of loading a Gem blade(base plate level works for myself)I can receive very close shaves with the 1924 without to much drama. I enjoy using this once in a while!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity & predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood- nice scent with good lather qualities. Good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm black marble handle [​IMG] - excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tip, nice scrub & lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 2 small chin weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my ER 1924 with a coated gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

jimjo1031, GAW9576 and brit like this.
  6. GAW9576

Oooooh can't wait to see that one. All of them look amazing though.

I always love seeing that shovel head on the streamline stropper handle.

brit and Ron R like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..:):eatdrink047:

GAW9576 likes this.
  8. GAW9576

So I had to go digging for a quote before I could post yesterday's shave. A member that goes by ShadowsDad on another forums was giving another member some advice. Here is what he said. "Very little pressure is NOT the goal. No pressure is the goal. If your skin deforms under the razor you have too much pressure. I told a friend that for quite some time and he was about to give up. But before he did he had the inspiration to actually put what I'd been telling him into practice. He called me up to tell me that he'd just had the best shave of his life. In his exact words, "When you say no pressure you really do mean no pressure, don't you?". Yup, when I say no pressure that's exactly what I mean."

I struggle with this concept frequently. Especially when I see those last few stubborn hairs on my neck. I tend to start adding more pressure in a attempt to almost dig them out.[​IMG][​IMG]. So after reading the sage advice above I did my best to apply that advice just concentrating on tickling the hairs away and paying extra attention to shave angle and direction. WOW what a difference. I didn't end up with a total BBS shave but I did end up with a VERY close fantastically comfortable shave. My skin feels much smoother and is visibly happier than usual.

Ever-Ready 1924 AKA Shovel head on a Gem slim Bakelite handle. Great combo. Cella whipped up with a synthetic brush and Aqua Velva 5 in 1 aftershave balm.

IMG_26022021_101617_(1032_x_1100_pixel).jpg

[​IMG]

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  9. GAW9576

Well since @Electrif pointed out in another thread that today is the anniversary of the patent date of the wonderful 1912 razor I decided to join in on a celebratory shave.

IMG_27022021_193616_(1200_x_1118_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, brit and Electrif like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, March 1st 2021-Gem 1912 anniversary of its patent on Feb 27th, great different 1912 razor models over the decades.

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade with baton taper handle- MFG 1943, excellent mid range, I really enjoy this razor with tapered handle & receive stellar results.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) Excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely + very predictable+ great longevity.
    Soap: Speick- very nice spicy scent with great lather qualities, good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot with black marble handle [​IMG] its one of those brushes you just very much enjoy in all respects to a great brush. I have a lot of their brushes yet this one has the perfect loft and feel of doing its job perfect this morning.
    Pre shave: Brush washed face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS.DFS.BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem 1912 JR Parade with tapered handle + a gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, brit and GAW9576 like this.
  11. GAW9576

It's a good day for a Parade.

I had a very enjoyable shave this morning with my Star 1912 with bakelite baton handle. I love the audio feedback of these razors especially on the baton handles.

IMG_01032021_221407_(1000_x_861_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031, brit and Ron R like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

It sure was today, the fellows seem to like the baton handles like ouchyfoot. It is hard to beat a 1912 razor IMO once you have your technique dialed in.

GAW9576 likes this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Gen - MFG 1950-52, Excellent <mid range, light weight 1OZ, easy carefree shave.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood - nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities + good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud soft tips with great scrub, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Ogallala bayrum + sandal wood aftershave [​IMG] + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem 1st Gen Featherweight + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some Great shave! Stay & think safe in these times!

jimjo1031, brit and GAW9576 like this.
  14. GAW9576

You are absolutely right. They are such great razors I have quite a few in my collection. I'm almost afraid to count how many different 1912s I have.

Ron R likes this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, March 8th, 2021, Always like using this razor, it is easy to roam over the face and is more a carefree shave , mildest of the 3 different models of Micromatics IMO.

Razor: Gem Micromatic flying wing, MMBT, guiding eye......MFG 1947-50, excellent milder mid range, heaviest of the Micromatics.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(5), excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice scent and has excellent lather qualities. Good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24mm, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice scrub with excellent lather painting.
    Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser, with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Ogallala with witch hazel. No Nivea balm today.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my MMBT + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  16. GAW9576

That's a beautiful bullet tip buddy.

Ron R likes this.
  17. GAW9576

I had a fun shave this morning with a new acquisition. I accidentally bid higher than intended but I'm not disappointed in my new to me Star "Test Outfit" razor.

IMG_08032021_080250_(1112_x_1200_pixel).jpg IMG_08032021_080417_(1100_x_916_pixel).jpg IMG_08032021_080455_(1100_x_842_pixel).jpg IMG_08032021_080602_(1100_x_692_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Interesting razor, lucky rare find. No top cap means you can open it up full tilt in aggression. When labor was cheap and razor Manufactures wanted to make their products the best they went all in testing products IMO. Todays Manufactures have a lot of history now to base new products that that have been proven prior also that might appeal to the shaving community.
    How does it shave?

GAW9576 likes this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

A.S.R SOTD, Tue, Feb 9th 2021

Razor: Eveready Streamline 2nd Gen- MFG 1949-53, mid upper range, nice looking razor with great results today.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream, nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot [​IMG] excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Proraso with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Everready streamline with a coated gem blade.
    SE SOTD, Tue, Mar 9th 2021.jpg

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  20. GAW9576

Just one shave in with it but it was a fantastic shave. Pretty cool to have a prototype razor.

Ron R likes this.