Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a fun shave today with an Ever-Ready Streamline which is on loan to me from @twhite.

IMG_10032021_180331_(1000_x_972_pixel).jpg

2. GAW9576

My second shave with the Ever-Ready Streamline on loan from @twhite went better than the first.
    I checked online for the instructions that come with the razors and found that they recommend not shaving with the cap flat to your skin like many of the Gem and Ever-Ready razors. This along with paying more attention to beard mapping and no pressure resulted in a closer more comfortable shave. I also had the most successful shave with a boar brush yet. I soaked it much longer than previously. Usually when I have used a boar brush the Lather starts good but dissipates quickly. This time however it wasn't an issue at all.
    Also I borrowed the idea for the picture from @Electrif. I liked the way one of his recent post pictures looked like a shadowbox display.

IMG_11032021_220330_(1469_x_1500_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Electrif like this.
  3. GAW9576

I had a very pleasant shave with the Ever-Ready Streamline on loan from @twhite. This was my third shave with it and I think I dialed in the shave angle. The Novelist is a mild but very pleasant soap and splash. It was a gift from a member on several forms I'm on for making some enders adapters for him.

IMG_15032021_085034_(1156_x_1300_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

very cool Greg.lovely line up and pic..:cool:

GAW9576 likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem G-Bar Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Frank Shaving Badger Brush
    Proraso/Love My Skin Spearmint Soap
    Seabreeze Astringent
    Lucky Tiger Aspen After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Brickman301, Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  6. GAW9576

That is a beautiful G-Bar and case.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  7. GAW9576

Thank you. I'm glad I got to borrow this razor. Eventually I hope to get one of my own.

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thanks, just got it a couple of days ago.

GAW9576 likes this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday Mar 15th 2021

Razor:
    Gem Push button- MFG 1958-65, excellent <mid range, very attractive razor with black and gold, easy carefree shaver IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Proraso red, nice sandal wood scent, great protection, good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great for large hands + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso Red with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem Push button with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

jimjo1031, Brickman301 and GAW9576 like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

A.S.R shave, Tue, Mar 16th 2021

Razor: Star Bar #4model-MFG 1919-21 by (Kampfe brothers Brooklyn NY, First Safety razor MFG USA) Excellent lather catcher, easy going around the face, nice results every time, One of my favorite Lather Catchers.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, My favorite Razorock soap(discontinued), nice scent & excellent lather qualities, great post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24 mm, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG+ ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Star Bar #4 model + Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Mar 22nd 2021

Razor: Gem Junior bar- MFG 1907-11, excellent <midrange, very carefree shave & enjoyable. Very good audio feedback.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea croap, nice scent, excellent lather qualities. good post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm knot, excellent lather creator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Brickman301 and GAW9576 like this.
  12. GAW9576

Great looking shave @Ron R. I was using 3 razors today that don't fit in on this thread. Not my norm for Mondays but 2 are on loan and I will have to return them soon.

Ron R likes this.
  13. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Tonight’s shave
    Gem Micromatic
    Synthetic brush
    Arko
    Aqua Velva Musk[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron R and jimjo1031 like this.
  14. GAW9576

Thanks for joining. I hope it was a great shave.

Brickman301 likes this.
  15. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

The Micromatic always gives a great shave! It was the 1st safety razor that I fell in love with, many years ago.

GAW9576 likes this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Some times a collage does a nice job of showing them, I use the phone Collage software and works well IMO.

GAW9576 likes this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Its hard to beat a Micromatic or any Gem, welcome aboard.

GAW9576 and Brickman301 like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

American Safety Razor SOTD, Tue. Mar 23 2021#82 of 82

Razor: Everready British 1912- MFG 1936-53, excellent mid range, best gripping handle of the 1912's models, great results.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely over time + predictable.
    Soap : Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild vanilla tobacco scent, excellent lather qualities, excellent post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi Moka Express synthetic, eye candy, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub, easy to grip, great lather painter, first use of this pleasant to use knot & brush, it has softer back bone than other yaqi knots IMO but gives a nice gentle scrub IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cols water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my ER British 1912 with a coated Gem Blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves! Stay& think safe in these times!

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  19. GAW9576

I meant that the razors are not the right kind for this thread. They aren't American Safety Razor family razors.

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, March29th, 2021

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Generation- Mfg 1950-52,2nd Gen 53-54(different top cap), excellent <mid range, carefree shave, nice feel when shaving.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent, excellent lather qualities, nice post shave feel.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm, excellent lather creator, soft cloud like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] Excellent shave with my 1st Gen Gem Featherweight + a coated Gem.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, GAW9576 and brit like this.