Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ever-Ready 1912 SE (England) Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    JR #236/30mm Tuxedo Brush
    Viking Revolution Peppermint Eucalyptus Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Aqua Velva After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a wonderfully easy shave with the Ever-Ready 1914. I face lathered with Palmolive stick and A RozoRock Boar. Pinaud Clubman aftershave lotion add the finishing touch.

IMG_11012022_093003_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue, Jan11th, 2022

Razor: Gem Feather weight, 1st Generation- Mfg-1st gen 1950-52, 2nd gen 1953-54, excellent tame mid range, one of my favorites, weights 1 OZ, still works very well as the day MFG and was a fast carefree shave this morning with a Gem Personna on 9 uses.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender [​IMG] nice masculine scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Artic sky HD24mm silver tip, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow soft tips, nice scrubber + excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender Aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my ASR Gem Feather weight with a coated gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. GAW9576

Quick touch up with the Gem PMMCP and Cella organic with a RazoRock boar.

IMG_17012022_081300_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Jan 17th, 2022, ASRazor shave this morning.

Razor: Everready streamline 2nd generation- Mfg in Great Britain 1949-53, upper mid range, Just eye candy for a ASR razor IMO. Built to last, heavy duty base plate, great handle. You can receive excellent shaves once you dial the streamliner in, took a while but lately I have been cranking out nice shaves for well over a year. Not a recommended razor for a newbie until you learn how to use other ASRazors IMO to fully enjoy it's shaving capability. I like to use this razor when blade count is higher also, just a smoother shave for myself it seems.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Speick stick, excellent triple milled soap, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi mountain lake handle, 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, perfect scrub, great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Result: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my ER streamline with a Gem coated blade.
    (It don't get much better than this!)
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Jan 24th 2020,ASR=AmericanSafetyRazor shave this morning.

Razor: Star Bar #4- Mfg 1919-20, excellent tame mid range, so easy to get a BBS with this razor with a new blade. Just a great audio feed back carefree shave this morning, It does not get much better IMO. Could be last model of lather catcher Star MFG!?
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice light tobacco & Vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 22 mm Sagrada Familia 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter. One of my favorite 2 band badgers, nice size and face feel.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

7. GAW9576

Today's shave was quite a Treet.
    And in more ways than one. It was also the first use of my Fuzzy ind. Rt. 66 with its newly set Oumo 24mm Boar hair knot.

IMG_24012022_203950_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg IMG_24012022_204016_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue, Jan 25th 2022

Razor: Gem Junior Bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range(mild?), well built for the amount of shaves this razor has seen, built to last, easy going carefree razor, smooth and worth owning. Gem(ASR) built great razors IMO. Great audio feedback while shaving also. Good razor for starting a new Gem PTFE very sharp blade also.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Ogallala Sage & Cedarwood, mild Bayrum with some clove scent with the other notes kind of throw a different scent, great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Panda 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub, excellent lather painter.
    Post shave: Witch hazel cleanse, Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

9. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Pre-shave: Van Der Hagen Shave Butter
    Lather: Proraso Red
    Brush: Jayaruh 347 Boar Bristle
    Razor: GEM MicroMatic Clog Pruf Peerless
    Blade: Personna PTFE Stainless (1)
    Aftershave: None
    Post-shave: Nivea Sensitive balm

I tried my new to me GEM Clog Pruf Peerless with a new Personna PTFE blade. There was a little harshness under the chin along the jawline that I'm thinking was mostly due to a new blade. It didn't last long after the shave which ended as a DFS+. It was a good first use of the razor and I look forward to trying it again soon.

Ron R, jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  10. GAW9576

I find that especially with a fresh blade a feather light touch helps tremendously.

Ron R and SRQShaver like this.
  11. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Thanks, yes, I agree. I probably should have used a razor I'm familiar with for the first use of a new blade but it turned out alright.

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  12. GAW9576

If I'm already dealing with a bit of irritation from a previous shave I like to use the Featherweight for the first shave with a new blade. Otherwise I don't usually have much problem with new blades anymore.

Ron R likes this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Jan 31st 2022

Razor: Gem junior Parade 1912 with baton handle-Mfg 1943 variant, excellent mid range, easy carefree shave, baton tapered handle is a very comfortable handle and a joy to use this model.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, nice mild Bayrum scent(old version) + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot, 1st brush I bought from Yaqi and loved it from day 1 of use(2.5 yrs ago), Great lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave: Witch hazel soap cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem jr Parade with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tue, Feb1st, 2022

Razor: Gem G bar- Mfg 1955-58, excellent tame mid range, care free shave this morning mostly. Well built razor with excellent chroming IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, nice mild scent of Bayrum + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi "ever-helpful" 22 mm 2 band badger- designed for soft tip scrubbing IMO with the short loft, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + good painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Witch hazel cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

15. GAW9576

Gem Push Button with a fresh Gem SS PTFE today.

IMG_01022022_203026_(1248_x_1250_pixel).jpg

Ron R and jimjo1031 like this.
  16. GAW9576

Bumpless Micromatic Open Comb today.

IMG_07022022_084004_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

Ron R and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Feb 7th 2022

Razor: Gem Pushbutton -Mfg 1958-65, excellent tame mid range, I always like the look of this razor, carefree shave this morning.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE-(5) Very sharp blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandal wood cream, nice sandalwood scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mountain lake 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Proraso red Sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing cream + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem push button + a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Feb 14th 2022

Razor: Everready 1914(LLC)- Mfg 1914-17, excellent mid range, very efficient, always receive close shaves, Love the audio feedback that this razor generates. Just a joy to use and well built to last the test of time for that era of razors.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- nice mild scent of Bayrum with excellent lather qualities.(1 tub spent for 2022)
    Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent painter.
    Post shave: witch hazel cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Everready 1914 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Feb 21 2022

Razor: Micromatic OC (buttonless)model- Mfg1930-32, good mid range for taking down the beard, the razor that helped Gem make it through the dirty 30's with the Micromatic variants. First mass produced TTO in the world + 3-4 years ahead of Gillette.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock XXX , nice mild scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2band badger barber pole, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrub + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash the whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=[​IMG]excellent shave with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor SOTD. Fri, Feb25th 2022

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf(Peerless model 17 nib SB)- Mfg 1945, nice mid range, built to last, right weight, all brass construction. I always like to use this razor when the blade count is higher & it helps give a great shave for myself.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa del Maria Fiore, nice mild vanilla scent with mild tobacco + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22 mm 2 band badger- excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe Moisturizing lotion + scentless.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my MMCP with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!