Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, OCtober 10 2022

Razor : Gem G bar- Mfg 1955-58, tame mid range, built to last and feels good to hold in the hand, a joy to use IMO.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent of lavender + excellent lather qualities. Lavender is top soap for me when it comes lather, it gives excellent protection.
    Brush : Yaqi "Artic Sky" silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber, excellent lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, GAW9576 and Hogie like this.
  2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober 17th 2022

Razor : Micromatic OC- Mfg 1939-41, mid to upper mid range, built to last and with good technique a person can receive some nice close shaves. I also used a RIGS spline shim for addition testing.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest razor blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Razorock XXX [​IMG]- nice unique clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Used this brush a lot when I started traditional wet shaving.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX AS [​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 chin weeper=[​IMG] excellent shave with Gem MMOC with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Kampfe Bros Star Lather Catcher Razor
    Gem (de-spined) w/Adapter Blade
    Rubberset #3 Boar (restored) Brush
    Speick w/M-Bomb Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Speick w/M-Bomb After Shave

Untitled.jpg

5. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I haven't been posting here much lately because my internet is really crappie. For some reason it loads reasonably to check in but takes forever to post. Looks like @Ron R has been doing a good job holding down the fort. I appreciate that. There have been some great looking shave setups. Hopefully I can get a better solution for internet and participate in posting more often.

Ron R and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I seem to go through different troubling times with internet issues and usually I blame upgrades or hackers trying to distract or do something not good, so Microsoft makes security upgrades to combat these people who want something for nothing. Plus the wars around the world brings the undesirables out of the woodwork it seems. Hope you get the internet resolved.

GAW9576 likes this.
  7. GAW9576

My internet issues are mostly related to living out in the country. When there are more cows and corn fields than people providing internet isn't as big a priority to the big companies.

Ron R likes this.
  8. GAW9576

Posting Yesterday's shave of the day late.
    British Ever-ready Peerless 1912, Rubberset 400 with Zenith baor reknot and Mer Shavings donkey's milk Orange Fougère finished off with a splash of Lucky Tiger.

IMG_20221023_172409_(1100_x_1100_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Trick or Treet week, Daily Double, OCtober 24th 2022.

Razor : Gillette New long comb(Canadian variant) with a Yaqi orange brass chromed handle I won in a sale raffle, Mfg 1930's when Gillette's new blade design was introduced, mid range, works ok with no drama. This type of carbon blade was used when the first New Gillette razors where first introduced. Worked OK with no drama.
    Razor: Gem Micromatic OC button less- Mfg 1930-32 for this model, upper mid range, built to last, mainly used today for my touch ups to see how my 1st experience with a carbon blade would be like. Very enjoyable different shave experience today.
    Blade : Treet carbon blade(1) 1st use of a DE carbon blade in 5 years of shaving, sharp & smooth. Not sure on longevity yet.
    Treet was part of the umbrella of companies that was part of the American Safety Razor Corporation and was sold off many years later because of market blade changes in the Western world.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE, very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Speick stick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. I like this soap slightly better than my Tabac soap . Great enjoyable thick rich excellent lather protection.
    Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard synthetic knot [​IMG], excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(carbon) + ATG(carbon) + pickups (Gem Stainless).
    Post shave : Razorock King Louis AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb + MMOC with a carbon Treet blade + a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Attached Files:

10. GAW9576

I had a fantastic shave with the Gem Jr Bar today. This is one of the best razors ever made. Very smooth and still very efficient.

IMG_20221024_211443_(1300_x_1300_pixel).jpg

jimjo1031 and Ron R like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday(ASR), OCtober 31 2022

Razor : Gem 1912, OC, Mfg 1912-17 OC model, excellent tame mid range, fairly rare to buy now a days, built to last for a 120 year old razor, very nice shave this morning and this razor performs stellar with a new blade. Very enjoyable shave to start the day.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent sharpness, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice Sandalwood scent with excellent lather qualities. Very similar to TOBS sandalwood scent wise.
    Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space"24mm silver tip badger, Excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very enjoyable brush!
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 OC with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

12. GAW9576

I had a great Tabac Tuesday shave today with the Gem Damaskeene open comb.

IMG_20221101_212400_(1250_x_1250_pixel).jpg

13. GAW9576

Looks like we were on a similar wavelength just a day apart. :eatdrink047:

Ron R likes this.
  14. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

We must know a good razor when we see one!;)

GAW9576 and James Kleinkauf like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tuesday, November 8th 2022, Election day in USA!

Razor : Ever-Ready streamline 2nd generation- Mfg 1949-53, upper mid range, one of the nicest looking ASR razors and well built to last with some care. The blade stops are set forward more than other ASR razors that hold a Gem blades to create more blade feel. Installed a RIGS shim to smooth it out a little more. Very easy going shave with a blade on 10 uses.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Razorock Irish Country side, nice unique sharp clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Very slick soap.
    Brush : Yaqi "black marble" 24mm silver tip badger, WoW hair bloom, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very fine hairs that give a gentle smooth face feel.
    Post shave : Razorock Irish country side with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] excellent shave with my Ever-Ready Streamline with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, November 7th 2022, A day late because I forgot :scared011:.

Razor : Gem junior 1912 with baton handle- Mfg 1943 variant, excellent tame mid range, the handle is very ergonomic in the hand for comfort and creates its own stand. Built to last and very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Razorock American barber, excellent barber shop scent 6-7strength + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard knot, excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle splay scrubber + excellent brush. Favorite synthetic brush and a very enjoyable lathering face feel for myself. Mixes all soaps no problem!
    Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031 and GAW9576 like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, November 14th, 2022

Razor : Star bar #4 model lather catcher(Rare)- Mfg 1929-30, upper mild>tame mid range depending on blade # usage, a new blade and this razor performs very nicely. Built to last with some care, very enjoyable drama free shave this morning(the kind we all enjoy)! Favorite lather catcher of 3 I own.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove + excellent lather qualities(slightly pastier side on a wet face works well for myself). Very affordable.
    Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle hair- excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter. Very enjoyable boar brush.
    Post shave :Witch hazel beard cleanse + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood (some clove)[​IMG]+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 lather catcher with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tuesday, November 15th 2022

Razor : Gem Junior Bar lather catcher- Mfg 1907-11, excellent mild>tame mid range, this razor has been around in time yet it performs very well, excellent razor to use on the 1-3 shaves with a new blade IMO. Built to last with some care and just a joy to use with a 120 + year old razor.[​IMG]
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest razor blade to handle.
    Soap : Ogallala Bayrum sage & cedarwood, nice Bayrum scent with some clove + excellent lather qualities. I like a slightly pastier lather applied to a wet face does the job every time with no drama.
    Brush : Yaqi "Cavern lake" 24mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum + Sandalwood (some clove) AS [​IMG] + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ASRazor shave, Tuesday, November 22nd 2022

Razor : Ever-Ready 1914 (AKA-LLC)-Mfg 1914-17, Excellent mid range, really enjoy the audio feedback from this razor, I do not recall ever having a bad shave with razor, built to last with some care. One for my favorite ASR razors of many.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, nice mild clean scent with excellent lather qualities, scent seems to go up a notch when wet, easy bowl lathering. Using a synthetic brush works well with this soap also.
    Brush : Yaqi "Luck dice" 26mm Tuxedo knot, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
    Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my ER 1914 LLC with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Nov 28th 2022

Razor : Gem Junior 1912 with baton handle, Mfg 1943 variant, excellent tame mid range, well built to last and the baton handle is a very nice handle to work this razor. Very enjoyable shave this morning.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
    Soap : Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, nice scent of Sandalwood with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi "Bali "24mm silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly soft pillow tips, gentle scrubber+ excellent painter.
    Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 and jimjo1031 like this.