Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Valentine's day love. This is one of my best shaving razors. It would definitely be a difficult decision but if I could only have one razor this would most likely be it.

[​IMG]

Droo78, Ron R and Chuck Naill like this.
  2. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

LOL. Yep. WIFI equipped. Heck, we even have indoor plumbing, lights that work off a switch in the wall and TeeVee box. :happy036:

GAW9576 likes this.
  3. GAW9576

Gem Jr Bar with a fresh Meijer SS blade accompanied buy Mer Shavings fougere orange on SHD two band badger made for a great shave today.

[​IMG]

Droo78, Ron R and Chuck Naill like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, Feb 17th 2020 , as there seems to be a lot a nice looking A.S.R company lather catchers on the thread yesterday so I grabbed my STAR bar #4 1919 model and had a excellent shave this morning.

Razor: Star bar #4 -MFG 1919-20 some of the last lather catchers possibly manufactured by Star company(Kampfe brothers) -Brooklyn NY
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (4)
    Soap : Razorock Lavender- great soap
    Brush : Razorock Plissoft. - Great brush.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]

MMMonday Feb17th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, Droo78 and Chuck Naill like this.
  5. GAW9576

I had a very nice Daily Double today with a Gem Damaskeene loaded with a second use Meijer SS. And the Gillette new long loaded with a second use Feather New High-Stainless. Cremo cooling blended with Arko on SHD two band badger lathered very well.

[​IMG]

Chuck Naill and Ron R like this.
  6. GAW9576

Micromatic Monday approaches. Who will join in tomorrow, I'm not sure what razor/razors I will use yet but I'm sure I will include at least one from the ASR family.

Here is today's shave.
    I had a nice relaxing shave today. I opted for the mellow Gem PB and a softer brush. I also refrained from over shaving. A very comfortable and plenty close shave all in all.

[​IMG]

Ron R and Chuck Naill like this.
  7. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Well, it is Monday....
    0A068AE6-7DFB-4F56-AAB9-6C15E305881B.jpeg

Ron R and GAW9576 like this.
  8. GAW9576

Happy Micromatic Monday everyone. I had a great shave with a Gem MMBT with guiding eye and a Ever-Ready 1914 today. Both shared a 5th use Meijer SS blade. I went with a horse hair brush and Tabac for lather and a witch hazel Splash with a little lotion to finish things off.

[​IMG]

9. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Wed Feb 25th 2020--- Missed Monday but better late than never.

Razor : Gem Junior Bar -MFG 1907
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (5)
    Soap: Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore "Firenze"- Great soap
    Brush : Yaqi Timber wolf 24 mm synthetic
    Pre- shave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + A dollop clear of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3, 1 pass around the removed ingrown hair area.
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
    Post shave: Avon "True Gent" colonge with witch hazel and True Gent balm. Balm has a great scent.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]

SOTD, Wed Feb 25th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Chuck Naill and GAW9576 like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Fri Feb 28th 2020

Razor : Gem push button model- MFG 1958-65 one of the best looking Gems they made in the Gold and black IMO.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (7)
    Soap : Italian barber Aimci- nice mild citrus scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm ( Sagrada Familia) named after a great Cathedral in Barcelona Spain.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Great shave!

SOTD Feb 28th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

11. GAW9576

I had a great shave with these two beauties today.

[​IMG]

Ron R, Chuck Naill and Terry like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Sat Feb 29th 2020, Using one of the Cousins as Fred would put it from the line of A.S.R. family of razors.

Razor : Everready streamline, 2nd generation- MFG 1949-53
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (8)
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- just a great soap IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with the black marbel handle.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3'
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG] another great shave.

SOTD, Feb 29th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Chuck Naill, GAW9576 and Terry like this.
  13. GAW9576

Micromatic Monday aproches hope to se you here with one of the MANY ASR family razors.

Chuck Naill likes this.
  14. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Sad day...had to send a well used PTFE blade to blade heaven. It was a valent performer, but alas, all good things must come to an end. However, on his last performance he did well. Happy MM all. :)

GAW9576 and Ron R like this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday March 2 2020, Pulled out my Gem Jr Parade and it's like we are one together when it comes to fine shaving, I really enjoyed my shave like usual with this razor. Not sure if it is the audio feedback while shaving or just the results at the end of the shave that puts a smile on my face!

Razor: Gem Junior parade with the baton handle- Mfg 1943 variant
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (9)
    Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" - nice scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush : Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft synthetic black whiskers.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock T.D.S aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] [​IMG]great shave and hit the sweet spot.

MMMonday March 2 2020 (2).jpg
    Sometimes I like to leave information if you bought a used razor with no manuals & other helpful information for Gem users or DE users.
    Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg blade_angle-se-de.gif Blade review Revision #5 Dec14-2018.jpg Final Gem review Jan21-2019 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    GAW9576 and Chuck Naill like this.
  16. GAW9576

I had an excellent Gemonday today with the Gem pushbutton Contour with Meijer SS blade. I practiced a very light tuch and patience. I tend to get impatient and heavy handed in the more stubborn areas of the shave, which happen to be exactly were the skin on my neck is more sensitive. The prep was Proraso white balm with a little Lubriderm. The lather was Mer shavings fougère orange donkeys milk soap on SHD two band badger. A splash of witch hazel with a little lotion mixed in finish things off.

[​IMG]

17. Flintstone65

Flintstone65 Well-Known Member

My apologies for being a day late, but here is my Micromatic Monday shave from yesterday: a GEM Micromatic Flying Wing with the patented (by the marketing department, I'm sure) "guiding eye" technology! It really was a super smooth shave with a GEM SS PTFE blade on it's 10th shave. 3-passes and a very comfortable DFS result.

The soap was Ariana & Evans Forbidden Fruit, which I REALLY enjoyed. The scent really resonated with me....the apple and brandy notes really jumped out, but there's a complexity from the floral and herbal notes that keeps it from being too sweet. The floral and fruit combination really do evoke a Garden of Eden. The lather was not overly slick, in fact it's an easy soap to rinse off, but there was plenty of slickness/glide where the lather is and more than enough protection/cushion. Last but not least is the artwork, the "Fall of Man" by Hendrick Goltzius painted in 1616. This particular scene is often illustrated with Eve collecting the fruit and/or offering a whole apple, but this work shows Eve having taken the first bite and offering the remainder of the fruit to Adam. The cat's expression is priceless....she is looking at the viewer as to if say, "these humans are morons"....I often get that same look from my cats. And in keeping with the soap "theme" the brush was a badger in a real stone (jadeite) snake/serpent-like handle.
    [​IMG]

GAW9576, Ron R and Chuck Naill like this.
  18. GAW9576

Apologie excepted my friend.

Flintstone65 likes this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Thur Mar 5th 2020, I took out one of the A.S.R family of razors yesterday, forgot to post almost. Great little L.L.Catcher IMO, it is a joy to use once in a while because I so many Gem SE razors that I like to use.(just downright spoiled and of course loving it.)

Razor : Everready 1914(AKA little lather catcher)- MFG 1914-17, love the audio feed back, great razor.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10)[​IMG]
    Soap : Tabac
    Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24 mm
    Pre-shave _ Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave : Alum + cold water rinse.
    Post shave : Proraso green with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + alum indicated minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave!

SOTD, Thur March 5 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

20. GAW9576

Micromatic Monday approaches.
    Today I chose the ER 1914. Love the audio feedback on this razor. Nice close shave without to much effort too.
    Tomorrow i am planning on the Gem Jr. With baton handle. What will you choose?

[​IMG]

Ron R likes this.