Microtouch DE $10?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by nsomnac, Apr 20, 2014.

1. nsomnac

nsomnac Active Member

Was just cruising through my local Walgeens and noticed they had the Microtouch DE for what I think is $10... I didn't buy, so not certain. Tag description on the shelf doesn't quite match but was the only tag that 'made sense'. For someone looking to try DE - seems like a cheap way (if really $10) to start that might be "easy access".

[​IMG]

2. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Fred Meyer had a display of these but there was no price listed. I've seen online where these are going for around 20 bucks. Reviews are so so. For 10 bucks I would probably pick one up just to see how it compares to my Gillettes.

3. Shoebooty

Shoebooty Member

I heard from a coworker i work with his wife picked him up one of the micro-touches last week and he said he got a really nice shave with it, and was working on his 4th or 5th shave :shaver on the first blade that came with the razor !!

4. burnout961

burnout961 Well-Known Member

Looks like they put it in the wrong spot, Micro Touch makes a battery powered mini trimmer and I think that is what is supposed to be there. However take the razor to the check out and if it rings up $10, it's worth it for the razor stand. Hairy Alaskan is right the price is around $20 most places for that set up.
    The de razor isn't that bad, but it is extremely mild with very little blade exposure.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Can't think of the brand, it's one that's sold at places like Sally Beauty. It shaves fairly okay but is lightweight junk compared with any vintage Gillette or with most current DE brand razors.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Good eye.
    Yeah, I've seen the trimmers. Not sure what the razor goes for.

7. Dr. Tim Wilkins

Dr. Tim Wilkins Active Member

I think they go for $19.99. Not a bad starter razor. Very mild and the razor blades are Dorco T-300s.

8. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

Looks a lot like my Weishi. Super mild TTO based (I think) on the old super speeds.

9. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I would wait then. Keep checking back if your Walgreens is like mine. They have a tendency to close items out pretty regularly at pretty good discounted prices.