Mike's Natural Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 2005xfr, Mar 25, 2012.

1. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I held off for as long as possible. I've wanted to try a shave stick for a while now and wanted to try MNS, but didn't want to get a scent that wasn't for me. So I ordered an unscented shave stick. $11 bucks with shipping is pricey for a shave stick but I'm sure it'll be well worth it.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Cross posted from The Haul:

JRod22 likes this.
  3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The price of Mike's Natural does not seem to have gone up since I tried it awhile back, so it would still be an excellent value for the money. It is one of the best soaps I have ever used. The soap is soft, although not not as soft as the Vitos or the other putty soft Italian soaps. Mike's Natural lasted a long time for me. You can get samples for $1 if you want to determine if it is worth the money. It is also an inexpensive way to try out the different scents.

JRod22 likes this.
  4. JoeB

JoeB Well-Known Member

Mike makes some good stuff. I love it

5. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Used my Mike's natural shave stick yesterday for a great, quick shave. Today I used to sample of pine and cedar wood. Equally as amazing. Man I really like his soap. Need to use up all my other soaps so I can buy more.

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

PIF month is coming. If some of you want to pass along some sample pieces to each other, that could be a great time to do it.

JRod22 likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Tomorrow will be my 3rd use of the lime. Once I "puck"lathered and today I used it like a shave stick. The shape (bar) is not the most convenient, and I think I need to work on the water ratio a bit more, but all-in-all, I'm liking it.

8. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I've never had much luck puck lathering. It's all face lathering or bowl lathering for me depending on my mood. with that being said, the shave stick I got from mike on the other hand works flawlessly.

9. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

So,i bought a few samples @ Mike´s.:) I´m really excited about it.I bought samples of: Barber Shop,Rose & Cedarwood,Pine & Cedarwood and Lemongrass & Eucalyptus.Lilly of the Valley has been out of stock...this scent sounds very interesting too.But i think it could smell like a Calani soap i have...Highland Honey...

If someone has both soaps,is there a chance to do a comparison between the Higland Honey and the Lilly of the Valley?!

10. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I wanted to try the Lilly of the Valley as well but out of stock, so I ordered a bar of bath soap just so I could smell it. It smells GOOD. Your going to like the Rose and Pine both with Cedarwood. The cedar could be a little stronger but they both smell so good. The pine smells just like fresh cut pine. I also ordered a Hungarian Lavender and to my nose it could be the same Lavender as they use in MdC, had them side by side I cant tell the difference other than the couple of subtle scents MdC has in the background.

ChiefShaver likes this.
  11. GarGuy

GarGuy Well-Known Member

Pine & Cedarwood is my favorite, Peppermint & Rosemary comes in (very) close second.

12. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

Alright I'm sold looks like some mns is in my immediate future lol. Gonna go order now :)

13. michael54

Sipping glenvilet and reading these forums is a bad idea. I ordered a sample of every scent except unscented

ChiefShaver and JRod22 like this.
  14. Sunflake

It's hard to stop ordering samples from him!

15. michael54

Lol I ordered one of everything available so I should have a pretty good idea of what I like now lol

16. ChiefShaver

The postman rang at my door and gave me something...a sample of "Pine & Cedarwood".:)

So i "ran" in the bathroom...Smelling the sample...what should i say...Hmmmmmmmmmmm......really nice.Like it a lot.Then i "test-lathered" just to see if and how the soap latheres up.The next WOW!!!

The soap saw my brush and lathered up all alone.;) I had some rich,thick and creamy lather.NICE!!! Really...i have to try the whole range of shaving soaps at Mike´s...it won´t be cheap but the soaps seems worth every penny.:)

17. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I just ordered a Barbershop stick, a sample of Bay Rum, and a sample of Orange, Cedar wood, Black Pepper.

ChiefShaver and JRod22 like this.
  18. ChiefShaver

My samples arrived... My favorite scent is Barbershop followed by Rose & Cedarwood.

Barbershop is yet the best scent i smelled... Absolutely stunning!!!

I compared it with the scent of my "Iced Barber Shoppe" from Joanna... Which smells lovely too, but the two scents are completely different.

I recommend them both!!! :)

Ryan B and JRod22 like this.
  19. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

I purchase I tin of Mike's Hungarian lavender a month or two ago and finally got around to using it this week.
    What a fantastic olfactory experience! :love029:

ChiefShaver likes this.
  20. Sunflake

The Hungarian Lavender reminded me of MDC, I smell a similar lavender in it as well.