Mongoose razor offerings

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Darkbulb, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Razor is already en route back to Florida. Fingers crossed the replacement will look a bit better.

2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Good to hear you are due a replacement. It's only fair.

Darkbulb likes this.
  3. Boojum1

Mongoose + Hempel SS = 162.2 grams

Goose3.jpg

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Was very impressed today when I checked my email and saw that not only had Mongoose already refunded me for the cost of returning the razor to them but they had already sent out my replacement!

I am optimistic in that I will get a goose this week that lives up to all the praise I've heard from people - their customer service has certainly been excellent so far.

178-bplatoon, wristwatchb and clint64 like this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I received an email saying I had risen to the top of the waiting list and asking for payment. I removed myself from the waiting list after seeing what the sent you. I am interested to see how this turns out.

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I wouldn't remove myself from the list just because of one vocal OCD razor enthusiast (read: me) that had a poor experience - because the follow-up customer service has been stellar :)
    I especially enjoyed his reply with "Argh" and feeling honestly disappointed in that it got shipped out that way.
    The vast majority of people are extremely happy with this razor.

My replacement is scheduled to come in today or tomorrow.....I'll be sure to let you know how it looks. :)

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sorry to hear that. My guess is that the person that shipped the one to Darkbulb pulled from a bin that was to be sent back as rejects. I know that in the past they inspected the razors and have sent entire production runs back to the manufacturer.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  8. Boojum1

That's a shame @mrchick. One would think they're inspecting the razors better now. It costs them more to reimburse and reship.

9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well apparently my replacement goose has been delivered....unfortunately for me I'm downtown until 10-11pm tonight :(

mrchick and Boojum1 like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Yesterday my replacement-goose arrived...and, even though the black Mongoose box it comes in was quite dented - the more important thing, the razor was in excellent condition.

This is the kind of craftmanship and quality I had expected to see all along judging from others comments - it is truly a gorgeous razor!

Mongoose handled the return, refund of my shipping cost, etc in a quick and professional way - couldn't be happier. :)

Here's my beastly duck:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those that may not have seen the goose in real life - it's a true beast.
    Here it is w/ stock handle next to a Gillette Slim:
    [​IMG]

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats. I was confident that they would make it right.

wristwatchb and Darkbulb like this.
  12. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Yes! By far my favourite and go-to razor. I shave E-V-E-R-Y day now.

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

What blade do you use and how many shaves do you get out of it?

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

For a regular shave I like the Feather Pro followed by the Kai Mild. With these blades, the shave is very similar to a giant injector. I can get at least 7 daily shaves out of either of these blades.

My favorite blade is the Feather Super Pro blade. It increases the blade gap and exposure making it much more aggressive. I easily get 14 daily shaves out of this blade.

15. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I've tried so far the Feather Pro, Pro Super and Kai Mild and Sharp. So far they've all last me upwards of 10 shaves each. I'm not sure which is my favorite is yet but they've all given me good to great shaves each. I can say that the Pro Super was definitely sharper, which meand closer but also dangerous for irritation for me. The Kai Sharp is the one I'm on right meow and I can say so far it really impressed me.

wristwatchb likes this.
  16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    [​IMG]

Boojum1 and Metro like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

An update on the Mongoose Facebook Group indicated that testing of the latest Aluminum Goose is nearly complete and the order list should be open in a few weeks. I am curious to see the price on the Alumigoose. If it is priced at or below $100, I will get on the list.

Boojum1 likes this.
  18. Boojum1

Looks like another list to add my name to. Looking forward to the Alumigoose.

clint64 likes this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Come on OC baseplate...come on....

Tjebbe, CyanideMetal and wristwatchb like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I know that is the one I am most excited about.

wristwatchb likes this.