Monsieur Musk cologne

Discussion in 'Scents' started by urrlord, Dec 20, 2017.

1. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

This is my impression of this cologne,one that has been around since the 60's but does not get much attention.
    One of those oldies that Dana now produces.
    I had seen it mentioned on the net as the replacement for English Leather Musk,not sure about that.
    It comes in a 2 oz spray bottle.The liquid is clear.The spritzer atomizes the liquid very well.
    The fragrance goes on with the sharp opening notes of English Leather or Denim Classic.That fades away in few minutes and transforms into a soapy clean scent like the dry down of Grey Flannel.A "green" scent then emerges.Very nice.The smell was very familiar to me.When I got into the shower the reason for that became evident.I had a partial bar of the classic Irish Spring type soap on the shelf.Bingo.That was it.I have been told Irish Spring is the poor mans Green Irish Tweed.So I guess this would be the budget GIT.I don't know for sure as I have not smelled GIT.The scent starts out with moderate strength and projection and fades a bit but never goes away.At the end of the day the scent is still present lightly with about 6-8 inch projection.

All in all a surprisingly nice scent for a "musk" that has no discernable musk.Just a nice pleasant scent that seems suitable for all times.It can be found on Ebay and drug stores in a gift set with a 4oz aftershave for 10-15 bucks.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.