Moviemaniac, a true craftsman

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by Issy, May 9, 2009.

1. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

I recently did a trade plus a little cash with Klaus to restore an old frameback W&B and am totally impressed. He cleaned it up and rescaled it with black ebony, which kind of matches the original bone, and the edge he put on it is incredible. Anyone that needs sharpening or other work done could not go wrong contacting him, great guy and he sure knows his craft. Here is a link to pictures of it he sent before I got it back
    http://straightrazorguy.net/2009/04/...r-in-ebenholz/ these were taken before he buffed out the scales with renaissance wax.

Issy

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Ich verstehe nicht der website :(

3. Chimensch

Chimensch Member

The link doesn't work, but Moveimaniac has honed two of my razors. He does great work. Highly recommended.

4. Moe

Moe Active Member

Danke, meine deutsch ist schlect.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Doch, doch, dein Deutsch ist ganz toll! :D

6. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Was fur haben sie gesaght?

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I hope this link here works: http://straightrazorguy.net/2009/04/13/wb-celebrated-rattler-in-ebenholz/

It was an honour to do this rescale for you, Issy, and I'm very glad to hear the razor is to your liking :)

I do have to say one thing, though: While I gladly restore and hone razors for anybody who asks me to I usually don't do rescales for the simple reason that I don't have the cash to front buying all the different woods as well as other scale materials and other stuff you need to match people's needs and wishes when it comes to rescaling razors. When Issy asked me to rescale his razor he wanted ebony and by chance I had a chunk of ebony at home so I agreed to do it. I just don't want people here to get a wrong impression and flooding me with requests I cant fulfil ;)

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ich sagte dein Deutsch ist great! :)

9. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

That looks great! Nice work Klaus, and congratulations Issy!! :happy096

James.

10. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Took the words right out of my mouth! +1 +1 +1 !!!