Moving Day!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Jim99, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

This is it! Today is moving day. It's time to downsize.

I know, it's a good thing and I should embrace it. After all, this move is by choice. The kids are out and my wife and I don't need all the space and expense. Besides, it will help me save for retirement which is just a few years off. We're not going far and it's only 30 minutes away from where we are now. We can still see the kids as we will just be an hour drive away. However, this is the house my kids grew up in. Parties, holidays, celebrations, hopes and dreams, times of mourning and everything in between... I will miss it!

Oh well, it's just a pile of lumber in the end and I still have my wonderful family.

My razors, brushes and aftershaves are packed up. I only have my c4 Gillette tech that's loaded with a Personna lab blue, Maggards synthetic brush and a puck of Williams for today's shave. I'm not exactly sure why I picked that combo.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

May all go smooth and may you be blessed in your new place!

sdguero, Jayaruh, BigMark83 and 2 others like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Congratulations on your new move. We moved 37 miles from our home of 36 years where we raised three young men. We downsized and are very happy where we are now. I hope your move is smooth. My new home offered more space for more razors. HA!

sdguero, Jim99 and RyX like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Jim, if you will PM me your new address, I will send you a house warming gift.

AGHisBBS, sdguero, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Good luck in your new digs Jim!
    Wish we could do the same, but the Out laws live with us so here we sit.
    Well, as Herself says, "It's not forever".
    Just feels like it...

sdguero and Jim99 like this.
  6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Thank you everyone! Despite the odds, we've made it to our new place safe and sound. What a day it's been!

The movers were careful and fast. Hard to believe that goes together. I still need to get the two cats in their cages. Last time I had to do that I bled like I did the first time using a straight razor.

I have till Sunday to clear our remaining belongings (mostly my kids stuff!) out of the old house, deliver some furniture to my son and daughter and take a few trips to the town dump.

I can't forget.... my razors survived the trip unscathed and I made sure to claim my space in the bathroom for my shave den!

7. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Be sure to check the attic and recheck all the drawers, and top of the cabinets.

Best wishes in your new digs.

Jim99 likes this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Good luck on the next leg of your journey. Congrats.

Jim99 likes this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Congrats Jim! I know that must have been a big decision, with your plan in place I'm sure you are doing it right
    My wife and I are going through this right now, we are in the early stages of picking up and moving to a much slower paced life. We plan on moving 3-4 hours away, the only issue is our grandbabies, I'm not sure if I can go without seeing them weekly.
    I'm very happy for you and your wife.

Jim99 likes this.
  10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Thank you everyone. We wanted to prep for retirement before actually retiring. Cutting expenses was priority 1. Eliminating yard work and snow removal was also at the top of the list. With the exception of the basement, everything is on one level. With arthritic knees, that's another key feature. My kids can get there easily enough and we can get to them without an issue. Also, being in a community surrounded by farms is pretty cool.

It is certainly a new chapter for us.

11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

How udderly delightful that you're all moooved in to a farming community. Milk all the fresh produce for all it's worth.

Jim99 likes this.
  12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

So you herd he mooved and had to be the bell cow for puns?

Sorry. Just wanted to horn in :p. Am I being too bullish?

Jim99, richgem and Bookworm like this.
  13. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Congratulations and commiseration... We moved months ago and still aren't settled in. Wishing you many happy years in the new digs!

Jim99 likes this.
  14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Nonsense! You just realized, as I did, that this thread needed to be beefed up a little. :)

Jim99 and swarden43 like this.