Moving to Canada, how many carts can I take in my checked baggage?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by engrsaks, Jan 14, 2016.

1. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

Hello there everyone,

It has been quite sometime since I made a post here. I'm currently busy in preparing my baggage for relocation to Canada. My initial residence is going to be In Surrey, British Columbia. Following is my flight plan

Islamabad > Doha > London > Vancouver

Anyway, I plan to take all my cartridges and cartridge razors with me on my checked baggage. I do also plan to carry a cartridge loaded razor and an electric shaver in my carry on bag (for in flight shave).

The main question is, how many carts can I take on my checked baggage? There are about 50 unpacked (removed from original packing) cartridges, some transparent gel tubes and two after shave lotions. Do you think, taking these many cartridges can cause a problem at any airport? Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

In checked bags, this likely won't be an issue. Good luck with your journey!

engrsaks and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think it would be a problem either.

Any problems would probably be at the point where you had more than could reasonably be for personal use.

engrsaks and Robyflexx like this.
  4. engrsaks

Yes, I also kept this point in mind. I removed all my carts from the original packing and packed those together in a bag as an evidence that these will be used personally only.

BeShaved likes this.
  5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Sorry I can't help. But, I would have sworn your post said "How many cats..."

barbersurgeon, PLANofMAN and engrsaks like this.
  6. engrsaks

Double checked the title to confirm it didn't. You got me worried there for a while :D

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wish I could help but I would like to welcome you to Canada! :)

8. engrsaks

I thank you for your hospitality, Mr. Jeff. :)

9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    You are already starting to sound like a Canadian. Lol

10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I would think as long as its checked baggage you will be fine. Welcome to BC neighbor.....Im a mere 1400kms north of Surrey in the north central part of the province.

engrsaks likes this.
  11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

No.....he would of apologized first:D

12. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

I've taken all kinds of crap in checked baggage. I once devoted an entire suitcase to CDs without a problem. Of course, this was in pre-9/11 days (and pre-iPod days, for that matter). As long as it doesn't pose a safety threat, or look like illicit goods (or goods used for illicit purposes), you should be fine.

Good luck in your journey. I look forward to your reviews of all the new shaving stuff you encounter.

BeShaved and engrsaks like this.
  13. engrsaks

Why thank you, Sir. It is good to know that TSD has got members from Canada. I'm sure that I will be receiving a good deal of guidance from you gents. :)

I hope that it is a good thing. :D

Thank you, Mr. Nathan. You might be surprised to know that I am already keeping separate money to instantly purchase any shaving items that catch my curiosity. :)

14. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

To heck with the shaving stuff, I want to know how the trip went and if you had any problems. Have a good trip.

Greg W.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  15. engrsaks

Trip was very nice :) , thanks for asking. I also brought all my carts here in Canada without any problems. Over here, I bought aqua velva musk AS lotion and it is very nice ( I have never used it before).

16. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives