Multiple Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by jbcohen, Sep 14, 2007.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Some forum members have several brushes, I have one a best badger. I can understand the reason for multiple razors (as catman says "your cuts look different every day"), but why do you have multiple brushes?

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Sometimes I want a scrubby one,

Soft one,

Small one,

Fat one,

Flopy one,

Dense one,

And so on.

3. Will

Will Nevermind

Also some brushes work better for creams then soaps

Now a soft flopy brush works better for cream and a dense scrubby one works better for soap.

You can use a scrubby one on cream and a soft one on soap but I do notice a diffrence.

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

So the reason is really the same as the razor. I understand completly.

5. drP

drP Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Frankly, every brush beyond one is redundant. Number one imo is the Simpsons Polo 8 in best: it has it all: perfect loft, perfect handle, perfect appeal, perfect price :)rolleyes:).

This is all a classic wetshaver really ever needs....:D

But, but, but............life's not only about functionality; if it was, we weren't here with 6 billion people on earth...;)

Life is also about FUN, diversity, change, try-outs, discoveries, experimenting etcetera.....
    That's why you could have more than one brush.

And then there's SBAD of course......:D

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Where could you pick up that Simpson Polo 8. I want to see what is considered number 1 to the man that has over 100 brushes. When that man talks.....you better listen.

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Wow.....Polo 8 is only 139.....interesting. The handle is a bit long though.

8. drP

drP Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Isaac,

The handle looks long, but is very ergonomic to hold while building the lather in a mug/bowl and applying it on your beard. It's also perfect to shake your brush dry afterwards.
    I used my PL8B this morning and everytime i'm using it i'm very pleased with it: the loft is neither too small nor too big, firm yet soft and you can make a good scrubbing action with it.

Moreover: it's a Simpson, and these are built for a wetshavers lifetime: they have avery solid construction: "like a tank" as many Simpsonadepts use to say.

Finally a tip: when you're going to purchase it: strike only once with clear nail polish over the label and the text to preserve both: this way your brush will keep its look, appeal and appearance imho....

9. Will

Will Nevermind

Ahh, hogwash. Gives a brush character, make a man out of em. :rofl

10. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Having recently purchased a PL8, I can see how the man of many brushes would like it so much. I looked at the large Polo's and the handles seemed way too big. The PL10 was what I almost bought until I picked up the 8.

I can't say it's my favorite brush of the whole bunch I have, but I do enjoy using it everytime. There's a special place in my heart for the Harvard 6 though :rolleyes:

11. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Mike.....i think we may need to do a PL8 soon