Murphy and McNeil Shaving Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Hembree, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the kind words.

My wife absolutely hates Ouroboros too unfortunately. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I'm torn because this is honestly one of the best sets I've tried but a happy wife...I think she'd like Kells but she didn't like the patchouli scent in the Ouroboros so I'm unsure. I might try Mandate of Heaven, it sounds intriguing. I want to get Crann Bethadh but I already have Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica to go with my GIT scent. Now I love SV soaps and the fact I'm even considering rotating in your version speaks volumes on how good it is. I'm patiently waiting for the Garda Siochana release as she prefers aquatic scents so this one is a no brainer. You're making it tough on me.

Robyflexx, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  3. Mission accomplished. :)

Robyflexx, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Nice write up Ben. I feel your pain, the little lady doesn’t trouble me about soaps but she rides me about colognes! :)

brit, ob1page, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  5. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

If I stick with aquatics I'm good because she loves them but that's no fun

Hembree, Robyflexx and brit like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Speaking of aquatics, I received a bottle of Versace Blue Jeans for Christmas. Man! I had forgotten how nice this stuff is(used to wear it in the 90’s). :happy088:

brit, Hembree and ob1page like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Received my Ouroboros Set today. It's Nag Champa, pure and simple. We'll see how it shaves tomorrow.

8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

4/28/19 - Posting late.

Awesome shave this morning. I did not feel like a shavette shave today so I spent some time with a razor that I have not shaved with since I got the 6s.

Parker CHST brush
    Murphy and McNeil - Trinity Sample
    Astra SP Blade
    Rockwell 6c - Plate 6 on Weber Bulldog
    Nivea Post Balm
    Drakkar Noir

This was a no complaint shave. M&M performed great and the 6c is probably the best value in the shaving world.[​IMG]

Paul Turner, Hammer8 and brit like this.
  9. Hembree

5/07/19

RazoRock 400 Noir Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
    Timeless Lather Bowl
    Murphy & McNeil – Crann Bethadh
    Astra SP Blade
    Gillette Red Tip – C2, 1957 - Second Quarter
    Nivea Post Balm
    Pinuad Clubman Classic

After shaving with the Red Tip, I now know why these razors have the following that they do. It is just a good solid shaver that gets the job done. I was really impressed with the first shave and I can see future shaves getting better. I did get a little bit of a tickle from the alum this moring.

The disappointing aspect of the shave was my Murphy and McNeil soap. The performance was on par and did not disappoint but the soap has turned soft in the container. I opened it up to load the dampened brush and when I went to load it was like trying to load Elmer’s School Glue. I do not bloom my soaps and I have not added water to the top of this soap. I only load my soap with a dampened brush. This soap now has the consistency of a cream. :angry019:

Finish up with a little Nivea and Clubman Classic.

Y'all take care and have a great day!

[​IMG][​IMG]

brit likes this.
  10. Ew! Hey I’ll ping you on this. I have some ideas and can also replace it if necessary for sure.

Str8on2 and Hammer8 like this.
  11. Hembree

Thanks.

12. Hembree

Murphy and McNeil stepped up and a replacement soap is on the way. I appreciate a company that recognizes the issue and takes care of it. Thanks M & M - Outstanding customer service! :happy093:

Str8on2, Paul Turner and Hammer8 like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

very nice sir..

Hembree likes this.
  14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Excellent reviews, @Hembree! Thank you very much for posting that information.

Wow, how cool! We don't see a lot of vendors participating in the threads around here. It is so good to see one that both does so and values our feedback. Kudos to you!

15. brit

brit in a box

gillette sheraton,nacet,rr 400
    m and m claddagh
    fine platinum
    20190508_180549.jpg
    very nice soap..​

Str8on2, Frijolero, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  16. Hembree

05/9/19

RazoRock 400 Noir Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
    Salsa Bowl / Timeless bowl scuttle
    Murphy & McNeil – Trinity - Sample
    Yaqi DOC Mellon head on unknown brand aluminum handle
    Nivea Post Balm
    Pinuad Clubman Classic

I just wanted a nice, quick non-MAYhem shave this morning before work and the Yaqi DOC delivered. Awesome shave this morning with no weepers or nicks. Just a nice comfortable shave. The Yaqi DOC is a smooth and fun razor.

The Murphy & McNeil Trinity performs great. I took just a small amount of the soap with my finger and smeared it onto the bottom of the salsa bowl. It did not take long to whipped up some nice thick lather.

Finished up with some Nivea and Clubman Classic and out the door to work.

Y'all take care and have a great day.

[​IMG]

17. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Ordered samples almost 2 months ago from Murphy & McNeil. Just getting round to trying them out now. Started off with Trinity for yesterday’s shave and today’s....

27D619EC-36D0-4B8A-A400-6A8A7436E84D.jpeg

EEE91E1C-216D-451C-A583-B6D7DCD44048.jpeg

F1A5A51F-C792-4031-9E8D-6C46858E5C57.jpeg

Yesterday I used the Mergress and today the RR Mamba 70. As everyone knows, Trinity is a dupe scent of Creed Aventus. It’s ok scent wise but, there are others that are better in that category in which the first 2 that come to mind are WSP’s Olympus & PAA’s Doppelgänger Gray Label. Murphy & McNeil’s Trinity is lighter and doesn’t really linger or give you a nice enveloping sensation while you’re applying the lather. Present but, very subdued and that’s fine. That’s why we have fragrances and colognes for. The product is virtually a cream and I’m fine with that as creams can also deliver excellent performance. Used about half an almond sized dollop of the cream for both shaves and went into the bowl to work it up. Loves water that builds a lovely thick, moist and stable lather. It gave me three important attributes that I believe must be in a soap for optimal performance. Protection, glide and slickness are delivered and executed very, very well. Post shave left me with a very clean feeling and skin that was supple to the touch. In the end two very good shaves and results.....

I look forward to running through these and seeing how they do long term. Still early but, impressed.....

Paul Turner, PatrickA51, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

awesome..

19. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

That's great. Thanks for reviewing them.

Str8on2, Hembree, brit and 1 other person like this.
  20. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I’ve seen these soaps in Pasteur. It never knew what they were. There are literally 1,000 + soaps on their shelves from nearly every major and minor player you’ve ever heard of, so unless I have a map, I’m playing blind.

Now I know to give them special attention. Looking forward to it!

Unfortunately Pasteur has no sample sizes, so you need to be ready to drop the dime.

Ksblazer, brit and Hembree like this.