Murray & Lanman's Forgotten Children?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by dustmite, Mar 18, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of Florida Water, but until this morning, I never really thought about other M&L products. A little Google-Fu showed some promising prospects, but few if any reviews. Kananga Water and Tabaco being chief among them. Anyone have any experience with Florida Water's lesser known siblings?

RyX likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not yet. I've read less than happy reviews about Kananga. Haven't smelled it myself.

dustmite likes this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

There was an Orange, and a Rose scent. Discontinued.
    I'm watching for Two Girls Florida Water from Hong Kong.
    May find it in an Asian market one day.

dustmite likes this.
  4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Man, I wish I hadn't seen this post. I love L&M Florida Water, so when I saw this I had to find it. Thanks to the magic of Ebay, I have a bottle enroute from HK now.

RyX likes this.
  5. emkeane

emkeane Member

Interesting topic. I'll try this out.

RyX likes this.
  6. emkeane

emkeane Member

Floridawater1808 has Orange Blossom cologne marketed by this same brand.
    Hope this helps.

Just add a "dotcom" at the end.

RyX likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm an Enabler sorry! ;)
    Review it when it arrives?

dustmite and Norcalnewb like this.
  8. Norcalnewb

Most definitely. The scent description I have seen makes it out a bit different than L&M.

RyX likes this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Oh, sure. In the long run my kids will have to figure out what to do with all the AS & cologne in my estate. Hopefully they'll ebay the razors and make a house payment or two.

10. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

M&L bar soaps I've got Florida Water, Sandalo, Reuter, Rose, and
    Pacholi. I probably use Rose and Florida Water the most and Pacholi the least.

M&L colognes I've got Florida Water, Kananga, Rose, and Orange.

I like all the colognes I have and want to try Lotus and Violets next.

Shoeboxshaveshop carries all of them and also offers samplers.

RyX and dustmite like this.
  11. Norcalnewb

The Two Girls Florida Water came in today. Out of the bottle, it is completely different than the M&L version. There is a bunch of lavender going on with some strong bergamot. It is hard to get too much more smelling in the bottle, so I will have to try it tomorrow to see what I get on the skin. It is promising, though.

dustmite and RyX like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Glad you like it. Although the matching soap isn't "shaving", I'd have to order the set. Now I need to figure out what bergamot smells like.

13. Norcalnewb

So I used it this morning, and I am definitely happy with it. M&L Florida Water has a sweet citrus scent to, and I get just hints of lavender. After it dries down, I get some cloves. In the Two Girls Florida Water, the lavender is more prevalent, but not as strong on the skin as sniffed from the bottle. The bergamot is much more a bitter citrus scent than the M&L. After a little dry down, I get some of the cinnamon ad cloves, although the cloves are not as strong as with the M&L. When I sniff the two together, it is amazing at how sweet the M&L smells compared to the Two Girls. I like them both, but they are different.

RyX likes this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Ok, then it's definitely on my shopping list. I can handle cloves in small doses but it's not my favorite scent. Your description makes me think I might like it more than M&L's.

Norcalnewb likes this.