My DIY razor blade disposal container

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by hrairy, Feb 4, 2016.

1. 211bma

211bma Active Member

I use a sharps container I bought at a local pharmacy, it came with free shipping back to the company. They will recycle my blades and they won't end up in the trash heap.

Robyflexx, 178-bplatoon and BeShaved like this.
  2. BeShaved

BeShaved Well-Known Member

Are you soaking the razor with mouthwash? Why? Sanitation?
    Won't it damage the plating? Oxidize it?

I'm really curious.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's not mouthwash, that wintergreen rubbing alcohol (I'm fancy) it's to remove the soap that builds up on the razor, I do a dip every so often. No it doesn't damage any of my razors, you could leave it in over night.

Robyflexx and BeShaved like this.
  4. BeShaved

BeShaved Well-Known Member

That's new to me. I always wash my razor after using with dish soap and toothbrush. Should I sanitize it again with alcohol? I thought it will be enough clean without using alcohol to kill germs. Or am I too naive?

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

20180329_124006.jpg Made this when first started DE shaving.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Robyflexx, Bookworm and Enrico like this.
  7. SFTrooper

SFTrooper Active Member

I just stick mine in an old Tobs cream jar.

brit likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Honestly I just put it back in the wrapper, fold it up a few times "carefully" (listening to it snap) and then drop it in the basket. Yes, I know, I'm a terrible person. :angelic007:

But I don't feel that bad ... compared to can lids and broken glass in the trash, it's nothing. :D

I've worked building landfills ... one piece of rebar is far worst than a hundred razor blades. :shocked003:

brit, Robyflexx and Keithmax like this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We use these too. That lid snaps shut tightly, so it won’t open unintentionally. We do add a label indicating that it contains blades, before putting it in the recycling.

Ron R, brit and Robyflexx like this.