My First Shave With Arko...Big Disappointment?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Kenny Ingram, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Latherette

Latherette Active Member

Only ever tried the Cool, which definitely has the citronella trademark arko scent. Also picked up a tube of as balm - active or sport I think it's called, which I am hanging on to as it feels like my skin really benefits from it.

Think I paid 6$ for both.

Omelmad and Kenny Ingram like this.
  2. Rio Bravo

Rio Bravo Well-Known Member

I had my first shave with arko today and I believe it may have been my best shave for about 6 months! Instead of using it like a stick I squashed it in a bowl and dropped two drops of some terre d'hermes in the bowl and mashed it all together. Smells fine, (smelt alright on its own with out the added sent) lathers well. Really impressed for the price

Peter M, grump, 178-bplatoon and 5 others like this.
  3. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it went so well! I've now been using Arko soap for just about a month, and couldn't be happier with the results I'm getting.

Also, if you like the soap, you may want to check out the moisturizing after-shave cream. Arko Classic Natural Krem is what it's called, and I absolutely love it paired with the Arko soap.

4. Rio Bravo

I had my second shave with the mashed up Arko shave stick and I can report another excellent shave. I will add that my face feels like it has had a cleanse as well as a shave. One thing I am wondering is whether this feeling will become more intense with tomorrow's shave. It it does that must mean that I might want to schedule Arko for once or twice a week and utilise one of the other shave soaps I have stored in my cupboard. Still I'm impressed with the shave I get - just hope it's not too strong for my skin

5. Rio Bravo

Third shave in a row. Face feels good. Face looks good. Shave soap is good. Would advise all to consider purchasing. It is well worth it in comparison to some more expensive brands.

trey06dmd likes this.
  6. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Love the smell of Arko.

7. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

I like using it. It works good for me and had I known, I wouldn't have bought a two pack for $4.xx, I would have went for the 12 pack for $13 :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    178-bplatoon and Kenny Ingram like this.
  8. Kenny Ingram

Good to hear! I use it every single day now. It's just sooo much better than what I was using before I quickly ordered the 12 pack...and then another 12 pack. So definitely a really great soap! :)
    As do I! Even if one doesn't, though, the smell can easily be covered up after the shave with cold water, a balm or splash, and then cologne.

9. sir_mike

Wow, with only a case, you might run out soon. LOL With all the buying I am sure the price for the 12 pack will go up soon! Is there some sort of shelf life on it?

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  10. Kenny Ingram

I'm sure there is, but I haven't been able to find it. It's only soap after all. I actually have two cases (24 sticks), but the fact that it's about 63.5 ounces of soap and I payed VERY little (about $20) means that it's about $.30 an ounce. And it's miles and miles ahead of what you can get out of any pressurized can, that's for sure.

trey06dmd likes this.
  11. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

A nice refreshing shave with Arko© will clean you right up!

12. sir_mike

That's alot of Arko but I bet there are some folks with even more stashed! LOL

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  13. Kenny Ingram

Nope. I have the most Arko in the world. More than any Turkish barber shop, that's for sure. ;)
    image.jpg

trey06dmd and Omelmad like this.
  14. sir_mike

Maybe not that much but I will say you have alot. Do you put it into the glass covered bowl on top then use it or it that something else?

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  15. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

That is a lot of Arko!

Kenny Ingram and trey06dmd like this.
  16. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

And yet, somehow, it's not enough.

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  17. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

It's enough for a while haha

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  18. Kenny Ingram

Agreed. *Orders another six cases.*
    Up until this point I just used any old bowl. Last night (after finishing my first half-stick), I decided I would try to see if I could make the scent last longer than the first time. So I found a container that I could seal after every use. I'll report back if it actually works. For the lid I basically just cut the Arko wrapper in a circular shape and taped it to the top. :)

trey06dmd likes this.
  19. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Your brush looks very familiar. Identical to my 1305:)

20. Kenny Ingram

Nah, the handle is a tad smaller than the 1305. It's the 1520, I believe. The only reason I didn't buy the 1305 is because I hate green.