My First Shave With Arko...Big Disappointment?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Kenny Ingram, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

Wow, just looking back on it now, this thread lasted way longer than I thought it would! I also bought way more Arko that I ever thought I would too! But I hope everyone considering Arko will give it a shot - it's one of the best values out there in wet shaving! :)

trey06dmd likes this.
  2. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

I really need to try Arko. And I really keep saying that, lol. Next order, definitely.

Kenny Ingram and trey06dmd like this.
  3. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

For those of you who say you mash the stick into a bowl, how easy does it mash? Can I easily take a whole stick and mash it down similar to the shape and size of a puck. I know they sell it in a plastic tub/puck, but most seem to say they prefer the stick, and it is cheaper as well.

grump and trey06dmd like this.
  4. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

It's quite soft. I cut it into about half inch chunks and it presses in pretty easy.

Rio Bravo and SRNewb like this.
  5. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Thanks!

trey06dmd likes this.
  6. Kenny Ingram

Sort of similar properties to clay, without getting stuck to your fingers. And of course, it smells good. ;)

SRNewb likes this.
  7. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kenny.

8. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

don't give arko any ideas to raise the price.lol I agree. it is a good shave stick for the price

9. Kenny Ingram

I've got enough to last two lifetimes, so they can raise the price all they want now. ;)

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I was going to order the 12 pack because its a better deal, but I just got the 2 pack because I didn't know if I was going to like it. im new so I haven't tried a lot of product so far. I just ordered tobs grapefruit and porasso red in the tub. im looking forward to trying both since ive heard good things from both

Kenny Ingram likes this.
  11. Rio Bravo

Rio Bravo Well-Known Member

It's been about two to three weeks and I'm still loving the arko. Even my partner loves the smell. She says it smells clean!

12. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Welcome to club Arkoholics Unanomous!

grump, Kenny Ingram and Rio Bravo like this.
  13. Kenny Ingram

Arko is just the best. It's all I use, and all I'll ever use as a shaving soap.

Rio Bravo and Spyder like this.
  14. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I'll have to order some, give it a try.

Kenny Ingram and Rio Bravo like this.
  15. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Two sticks shipped to your door for just over four bucks. It's as close to risk free as you can get in a shave soap.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Rio Bravo, Kenny Ingram and trey06dmd like this.
  16. Peter M

Peter M Member

I use a pair of scissors and cut small pieces of Arko into a sheep IKEA bowl and den mash it all together. I love Arko!

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Me too! :)

18. Kenny Ingram

I always wanted one of those! :p
    41j3+eZmlgL._SY300_.jpg

19. Peter M

Peter M Member

Ops, sorry for the misspell. Cool bowl doe...

20. Rio Bravo

Rio Bravo Well-Known Member

If you keep the badger brush soaking, then lather the brush across arko, over a bowl (to catch the lather) then after about a minute, transfer the brush to the bowl and lather for another minute you get a really thick and consistent lather. I mean, it's almost like marshmallow