My First Shave

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by IsaacRN, Aug 5, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

****All Possible by Trader Joe....THANK YOU JOE****

Hot Shower
    Erasmic Cream
    SR 3126/Ayar's Bowl/Moss Scuttle
    Gillete Tech with Derby Blade (FIRST DE SHAVE EVAH)
    Warm Rinse
    Cold Rinse
    Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe
    Old Spice Aftershave

Good shave....Really quick too....i was suprised how easy it was to shave with a Duel Edge coming from shaving with a straight. Might as well been my Mach 3. Minor skin irritation, probably due to first shave ever/angle and what not. I would definately pick this habit up. So much easier than a straight shave, but then again....its not a straight shave :p

One question....i notice on the blade that they are numbered. 1-4. How exactly do you use that numbering to your advantage. Do you actually open up the razor before a shave to make sure your on the right number. Does that mean that 1 blade lasts you 4 shaves?

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Awesome! Glad to hear it went well, buddy. You'll master it soon enough :D

The numbering on the blades doesn't really tell us anything. Most blades have it, and while it does help to distinguish "sides", there's no value in it.

I think some people flip the blade after using one side.......

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Thanks Joe....all possible by you. Yeah i was shocked how relatively easy it was to shave again. As im sure you know, Straight shaving takes into account angle/pressure and what not.......when i dropped the blade in and took my first pass...i was like....WHOA....i have speed again :p

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You're right about that, the straight shaving was/is a challenge and a time commitment.........I will sometimes use the straight that Rich (wilbur) sent me on the cheeks and do the rest with one of my DE's

Don't forget, however, that you'll need to pay attention to angle with a Double Edge razor as well ;)

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Long live the straight! But yeah, the Tech is a very nice shaver. After you get a few shaves in, slap a Feather blade in there and you'll really feel like you're cutting through butter with a hot knife!

Congrats on the DE shave, Issac!

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Nice Going Isaac! Now don't forget the straight they tend to get jealous!!!!!

Raf

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nice going, Isaac!

8. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Muy bien hecho!

:signs107

9. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Interesting never heard of anyone transfering from a streight to a double edge. How do you think the resut compared to the result from the stright edge?

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

It was a good shave. Alot quicker than the straight. I think they matched up pretty well, but then again im not an expert with the straight yet....so take it for what its worth.