My go to razor is....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Uncle Chewbacca, Mar 16, 2010.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

'68 slim adj if I had to choose just one

kinda like picking which of your many children you love the most

2. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Merkur Progress

3. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

It may be my recently aquired NEW. After just two shaves, I'm in love. Although I do have a few more coming my way and a few still sitting on the shelf waiting to be tried.

4. Dulouz

Dulouz Active Member

Good to hear. I'm getting one of those today!

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

A Lord Smart 3 piece razor. Handle is a little thin but it works oh so very well for me.

6. riffin

riffin Active Member

Progress.

7. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

Merkur Futur in polished chrome set to 3.

8. lgagnon

lgagnon Member

I have only one so it's easy to decide, the Weishi Twist to open in gunmetal finish

9. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

For me it is the Muhle R89. Beautiful, balanced, smoooth.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Which is why I will not respond to this post ;)

11. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

Merkur Futur - Set anywhere between 1 - 3 depending on circumstances of the shave.

12. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Merkur Progress.

This thread prompted my son and I to determine which razor IS the go to, because of liking most all the razors in the arsenal. I told him I think that the razor that you brag about would qualify as the go to. All the others, just because you like them are the others.

13. tsmba

tsmba New Member

It has been a Merkur slant-bar but...

I'm getting into vintage Gillette razors. So far, my Aristocrat gets the nod, but the ball-end New is right up there. The President and Red-Tip are close behind, but something about that Aristocrat is just right! Drop in the right blade, and its practically unbeatable!

14. Skipnord

Skipnord New Member

Skipnord

Merkur Classic head, custom made (by me) turned Cocobolo handle
    Feather blade
    Em's place Lime Citrus soap
    Oglala Bay Rum

15. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I actually laughed out loud when I read that. Best answer thus far IMO Steve.

I think if the Progress were mine I would have to bump it to the top but since it is on loan, I default back to my original.

Now, the way my dad, southernscribbler (above), and I figured out how to make this unbiased to our other razors (to keep from hurting their feelings, ya know?) was to see it thus: if someone held a gun to your head and said pick one, the one you chose would be your go to.

16. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Now probably my '59 Fat Boy but, I can't wait to try out the "New" that is coming in the mail. From what I've heard in a number of places, this is a VERY NICE shaving razor! :cool:

17. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I can't

18. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:sihns011

I will add that since I still like to try out cheap and/or user grade razors, and I have on occasions have terrible or very rough shave after using one of them, that the razor that I return to time and time again that gives me a foolproof, easy mild shave, is my beat up ugly old Clix D/E.

19. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

My

Edwin Jagger 89l.

20. MaxP

MaxP Member

Gillette NEW without a doubt.