My new Ikon DE razors and heads......pic thread

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by CHSeifert, Jan 18, 2013.

1. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

I just got my Ikon 5-set value pack in.
    Have yet to shave with it, but it sure looks purdy :p

Both handles are the new 85 mm length models with deeper knurlings.

Very well made satin finished parts, the matte Bulldogg II 85 mm handle is flawless, just like my polished shiny Bulldog II handle is with my R89 head mounted :signs021:

I like both matte and polished finish - I just prefer a matte handle to go with a matte head and vice versa :)

I have tried looking to get an top cap to go with the head plate - if I want one of my upcoming UFO handles in matte finish to go with one of the 3 head parts from the Ikon - but no luck on the Ikon webshop......

Where do you guys order extra parts, if you want to rock 2 or 3 head plates and miss the top cap in matt finish........ :confused:

Hope you like the pics :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Nice looking razors. You'll probably need to email iKon, they might hook you up with another cap. How did you get all those base plates without caps? I like that iKon open comb base I wonder if it would work with a Gillette "NEW" or Tech cap :confused:

3. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

You can buy them of the ikon official webshop - google ikon razor shop
    But he doesn't sell the top caps solely, that's my problem.
    I bought a special 5 value set from his shop, it's sold out now.....paid $199 + $49 for the polished handle - so a total of $248 (excluding the R89 head of course)

4. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Those look great.

5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Unfortunately Greg only released the sets & baseplates for the 2013 series. Not sure why, they'd be probably selling like hotcakes for him too, like the bases have been. Love that open comb base - same one I just bought to kick my AS-D1 up a notch and it works FLAWLESSLY.

6. 178-bplatoon

The 5 piece value set seems kinda pricey with only one top cap, but I guess iKon figures you can only use one shave head at a time on the handle, so you only need one cap... I just emailed iKon and asked about getting the Open Comb base with a top cap but no handle. If I understood the response correctly, you MUST buy the handle to recieve a BASE with a CAP! They also claim that neither of the Gillette caps will fit their base. Perhaps a member who has both an iKon OC or Solid Bar base and a Gillette "NEW" or Tech cap could try and see if they will work together?

7. Neolithium

I can check with my NEW when i get home.

8. 178-bplatoon

Thanks alot Neo. I've emailed iKon twice this morning and I'm finding their answers evasive and not point blank. From what I'm gathering they "WILL NOT" sell you a top cap unless you buy a handle, but will sell you just a base. Which seems stupid to me as only former customers who already have a cap can get a different base to try. Please let me know what you find when you get home as far as the Gillete "NEW" cap working with the iKon base...:)

9. 178-bplatoon

Just an F.Y.I. checked with "Above the Tie" they also have a 5 piece set(handle,cap,3 bases) and a 7 piece set(two different stye handles,two caps and 3 bases),unfortunately no Open Comb though, for basically $300 and $400 respectively. Look real nice,great quality(I own an Atlas handle), but they certainly aren't giving them away. They will however sell you just a base with a cap if you want, but again they aren't giving them away. I wish Weber would sell just a base and cap....:)

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Nice set! Congrats!
    I'm especially intrigued by the half bar - half OC base. That's two razors on one handle! Sweet!

11. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Beautiful razors, I think I like the matte also.

12. Neolithium

Gillette NEW Cap does fit. Almost forgot to check! It would look bloody well odd however it can at least be utilized if someone decides to.

13. 178-bplatoon

Thanks alot for the info Neo. At least now I have an answer from a reliable source I can trust. If the New cap fits the iKon base, then I bet the tech will fit as well.......:)

14. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Beautiful razors,enjoy them.

15. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yeah man...gorgeous set...well-done....looks like a ton of fun....Enjoy!