My newest toys!

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by FacialCarnage, Sep 18, 2013.

1. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

I thought I would share my newest toys. The 'Diamond' & White 'Hoffritz' are original scales. The red scaled razor is a Wapi, which had the original stainless scales. The orangish colored razor is a Hoffritz as well with matching strop and another custom strop I had made. All of these are excellent shavers. Each shave a little different, some talk a little more then others and require a slightly different angle. RAD is real, but these will look great with my collection.
    Just thought I would share some eye candy.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Tsalagi44, alpla444, emmijack and 6 others like this.
  2. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

NICE additions to your collection, FC.

One of these days I may get up enough nerve to try a straight razor.

3. FacialCarnage

It is a feeling of accomplishment when you complete a DFS or BBS shave with a straight and no weepers or cuts are given. It just feels like you are holding a finely tuned precision tool when shaving with one of these.

Sontag likes this.
  4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nice looking razors!

Let me know when you're ready to try one! :happy088: I have a few laying around.

swarden43, Sontag and FacialCarnage like this.
  5. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

6. Sontag

Sontag Well-Known Member

FacialCarnage, what are the scales on the Boker made from? They almost look like carbon fiber in your picture. I'm a big fan of CF; I have several CF parts on my dirt bikes, and it is tough stuff.

My dad has several old Boker Treebrand pocket knives, and they all hold an edge better than any knife he owns. I'm guessing their straight razors are made well; those Germans don't make a lot of junk!

Thanks Queen of Blades, I may borrow one and try slicing.....err, I mean shaving my face with one. :happy102:

Queen of Blades likes this.
  7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

"BEAUTIFUL" collection of straights you have there :happy096:...I can't choose which one I like the best:confused:....Did you refurbish the Hoffritz "coffin" case as well? :)

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:drool:
    An excellent job with the photography, to boot!

FacialCarnage likes this.
  9. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

Those are Spiff! I love the red scales :happy088:

10. huckelberry hound

huckelberry hound Active Member

very nice :love029:

11. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Beautiful, I've been thinking about straights for some time now, but it just seems the rent and bills hogg up on all of my wishes :D

12. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

All I can say is wow, awesome!!!

13. FacialCarnage

Thanks y'all. I did clean and polish the plastic Hoffritz cases, but that was the extent of it. I shaved with the maroon Wapi this morning. It was an excellent shave, the razor handles well and very smooth. It is pretty quiet, not a lot of feedback and is not as picky about angle as the Hoffritz is.

The scales on the Boker do look very similar to carbon fiber, but they are actually Bone scales. A little bit more heavy then the translucent scales, but the added weight gives the razor a great feel in your hands.