My Next Brush....

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by rick, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

The Rooney is quite nice, however with it's long loft I think it would be quite similar to your B&B brush after it blooms and I've read that style has quite a large bloom to it.

The Rooney Style 1 has a shorter loft and may suit your needs better than the style 2 or 3. The style 1 Rooney is also available in horn at Vintage Blades LLC.com.

I have the Shavemac 177 Silvertip in Faux Ivory, I got it from Jim at Vintage Blades.....it has many , if not all the qualities you initially stated you were looking for. It is an excellent brush that performs equally well with soaps and creams and holds a good amount of water / lather. Mine has lost one hair since I've had it ;) Tis a Great brush, and prompted me to buy a 25mm Shavemac as well.

Shoot Jim an e-mail, he was offering a free shipping deal on Rooneys and Shavemacs and may still honor it for you, tell him it's for your B-Day ;)

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

OK.
    So on Mike's recommendation I sent Charles at www.enchanteonline.com an e-mail asking for more info on the smaller S100 Shavemaster brush.
    It was very nice to receive such a personal response from Mr. Roberts.
    After all was said and done I still had a cuppa questions about the brush and am awaiting my next response at this time.
    So....
    here are my questions to any of you who may know or have any experience with these brushes.
    1: what is the knot size on the S100 and
    2: what potential problem(s) might arise from having a wood (Cherry) handle ?

In case you couldnt tell, I am in NO hurry to buy this brush.
    I want it to be the perfect (if thats possible) addition to my humble stable.

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

The Rooney, Style 2 small is NOTHING like the B&B Finest. They both make lather and they both apply it to your face...thus endeth the similarities.

4. rick

I'm SOOOOOOO Confused ... :confused:
    :D

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Please be more specific as to the differences between the two.

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

You're confuddled, I mean confused? :D My head is spinning. But at least you're taking some of the sting out of when I go looking to add a brush or two.

7. rick

RICH: I'm here to help. :rofl

I've been doing a LOT of research of brushes the last few days cause I really want this one to stick.
    It's funny how the different forums have different favorite brushes.
    TOP talks up SR a bunch. SMF has a lot of info on Rooneys and Shavemacs.
    In the end I know its about picking nits but I'm picky....dang it ! Not ....gonna....buy......til......I'm..............sure.;)

8. Smedley

Smedley New Member

9. rick

pulled the trigger on
    Rooney Super Style 3 size 1 in faux horn.
    I went with the Style 3 because the loft was 55mm compared to 60mm on the Style 2 and because the Style 2 looked a lot like my B&B brush.
    I also asked Jim at www.vintagebladesllc.com to find me a brush that looked really packed full of badger.
    He was very patient and answered all questions quickly and thoroughly.
    ....will keep you updated when brush arrives.

also got me some TOOB avocado and Rose creams.
    We'll see if JoAnna is correct....;)

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :rofl Yeah, we'll see. :rofl

I'm always correct, silly. :rolleyes: :D

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Congratulations on the brush Rick. I'll add my two cents worth on the TOOB Avocado when my order from QED comes in.

12. Will

Will Nevermind

Nice Brush Rick!

So when are you going to buy the Savile Row, Shavemac, Shavemaster, and Kent brushes? :drool

13. rick

I gotta tell ya.
    That was 1 tough decision.
    I really believe my next journey may very well be down the ..um. path to......uh....
    what I mean to say is I want a...uh big. no small.....uh
    scritchysoft bigsmall bestpuresupersilvertip uberbrush.
    Yeah.
    Thats the ticket. :ashamed001
    and my wife ....ummmmMorgan Fairchild is gonna buy it for me. Thats right.

14. Will

Will Nevermind

I have it. What do you want in trade, Morgan Fairchild?;)

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great looking brush Rick, be sure to give a review on it :D . I am thinking about a Rooney style 1 size 2 in Finest and have been for several months, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

by the way, I have both of the creams you ordered and JoAnna is right, they are both Great :D

16. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    The check's in the mail! :rofl

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

Excellent ;)

18. Amyn

Amyn Guest

Another vote for Shavemac and SR both are just a good