My Parker 78r Thoughts.....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by poppi, Oct 2, 2022.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Got this one about a month ago and have used it quite a bit. The company blurb on the razor is that this one has a new head design and comes in 3 different finishes. I chose the graphite and it's a fine looking razor. And the new head design is a dandy. Covers the blade completely thus eliminating the possibility of nicking yourself with the blade tabs. So here goes -

Price - At $26.00, I thought it reasonable
    Quality - Wonderful. I have noticed no flaws in the finish or blade alignment
    Grip - Top notch. The handle has a great feel and is the best I've run across so far
    Balance - Quite good and easy to find the balance point
    Blade Replacement - It's a 3 piece, you know the drill
    Aggressiveness - Subjective of course but I'd give it a 8/10 but comfortably so

Bottom Line - I find this one to be an extremely comfortable, effective razor. I tried several different blades, soap/creams with equally great results. This one's a winner.

78#1.jpg

2. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

I'd like to read something about shaving experience.
    And specs ...

Not sure if the handle is so thin.
    Can't understand if the head cover the blade on side.
    For sure, I do not figure how a 8/10 on effectiveness (aggressive) can be smooth.

BTW, I love the pics on site.
    [​IMG]

Hembree and brit like this.
  3. ShaversRUs

ShaversRUs Well-Known Member

Where would you rank aggressiveness in term of Parker's other razor heads? I have all but this one.
    From most aggressive to least:

Semi-slant>TTO>R89 clone>OC.

But the semi-slant and TTO are very close in aggressiveness.
    The OC I would rank as medium aggressive. Not sure I would call it mild.
    They are all extremely efficient.

I was under the impression that this new head was their mildest, but 8/10 makes me think otherwise.

Thanks

Hembree likes this.
  4. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I love the 78r. It is such a smoooooth shaver. Especially for this price. The handle is very grippy (even with wet hands), the head has a very nice design and the handling of the razor is top notch. I love everything about it. Gentle, smooth and very throughly. It has some weight to it and has a nice feeling while shaving. Definitely a winner for me.

It is a direct shaving razor without being aggressive by any means. You can feel the blade a tiny bit but it shaves so close and smooth that it is a real pleasure. I would compare it with a Rockwell 6S on plate number 3 or 4, but more thoroughly. So you maybe have an idea where this trip goes…