My Private Spot...

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by Raven312, May 4, 2013.

1. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

Well, the SO suggested that I make a space to hold my shaving implements (thought she'd never ask!). I remembered that I had a cabinet in the garage that I was thinking about getting rid of, so I drafted that. I'm so glad I didn't give it away. It's not complete but I like how it's shaping up. I'm not looking to fill it, but to better organize it. It'll come... Den2[1].jpg Den3[1].jpg Den1[1].jpg Cab1[1].jpg

Heloguy, RHood, 178-bplatoon and 5 others like this.
  2. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

Did you just paint the brush. At first I thought the tape was holding it together. Lol. Nice den.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. Raven312

LOL Yes, I just painted it. I'm working on refinishing the handle.

4. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

Duuuuude, you went all out! Looks fantastic! SWMBO did a great job selecting that beautiful Becker scuttle *claps*

5. Raven312

Yes! That color is the bomb! I can't wait to use the scuttle. I can't shave until tomorrow. :angry019: I am SO glad I didn't get rid of that cabinet. It sat in the loft of the garage for 3 yrs.

srpavko likes this.
  6. ins0ma

ins0ma Well-Known Member

I'd be tempted to do something more with the cabinet, like refinishing it, and maybe stenciling something on the glass doors in an old-time font. "Dr. Raven's World-Famous Apothecary?" Regardless, it must feel good to have a space for your gear. Well done.

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Great cabinet, holds alot of stuff and works as a nice display....:happy088:

8. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I like the overall shape and design of that cabinet as is. I wouldn't change a thing.

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Same here. I really like that!

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Me too. It's great, as is.

11. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Very nice!

Raven312 likes this.
  12. Raven312

Thank you all! Having the cabinet has heightened my enjoyment. I'm able to better plan what I'm going to use and lay it out, with no fuss - and it's nice not to have everything pushed to 1/4 of a very large bathroom cabinet! ;)

13. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I don't have anywhere in my bathroom for a cabinet so my father is making me a razor/brush stand to be placed on my counter top. Supposable it will hold twelve razors, five brushes and have two drawers for storage. I will pick it this Tuesday and post some pictures.

14. Raven312

If I had the gear to fill a stand that size, I'd be put out! :happy102:I look forward to seeing it.

15. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

I don't have all that gear.....yet. But if I keep logging onto this forum I soon will. lol

16. Peter Allen

Peter Allen Member

Great idea, can see my next conversation, "I'm thinking of decorating our bathroom......."
    Love what you've done.

17. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Yep. Already thinking of building a 25 x 20 cabinet for one wall of our bathroom.
    Good job saving that cabinet! Congrats!