my shelf

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by TheCopperHat, Feb 28, 2010.

1. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

so here is my rough prototype shelf, for something like this I like to throw a general idea together so I can test it's useability and fit. I think i'll notch the bottom of the shelf for my brushes and the second for my razors, maybe throw in a drawer for the blades but we'll see. So far it seems to fit everything. That is until everything that's on order shows up. :happy102

[​IMG]

2. ACE$&8s

ACE$&8s New Member

Makes good use of the space that would other wise go unused. Small enough to not get in the way but big enough to to hold your stuff. Nice.

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

4. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

It's gonna be filled up pretty soon and you're gonna make a bigger one. But it's nice :D

5. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Good usage of an otherwise useless space! Looks solid!

6. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

haha well i'm glad it's just a rough prototype, cause wow is it to small, got my stick shick in last night, my 2 new straight razors, williams mug soap and razorantium. It's a good thing I didn't use any of my good stock wood cause the design shall now change again

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Nice! great way to make some more space!

8. geneaut

geneaut Member

Are those 1x3s ?

9. Penhooligan

Penhooligan New Member

Nice idea, my wife finally bought me a cabinet because she wants the sink counter herself (boo).

10. TheCopperHat

TheCopperHat Member

genault, no it's a pine shelf material board, 8' long by 2' wide. It's just a cheap lamintated board I picked up to try and get my measurements where I want them. It's wayyyy to small though. I'm back to the drawing board for something with far more storage, I haven't decided what to build my final shelf out of though, something dark like cherry maybe we'll see.

11. geneaut

geneaut Member

Cherry would look nice !