My Travel Den

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by Medicdad417, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Medicdad417

Medicdad417 Well-Known Member

As a paramedic, I am required to travel to multiple bases and class rooms during my weekly tour of duty. I have plenty of space as I carry a large duty bag with uniforms and bedding, and thought I would show off my dopp kit. 20150822_131917[1].jpg
    I was given this leather bag by my parents several months ago, as my old dopp kit was starting to show wear on the zippers. This has plenty of room for everything and then some. However, when I have to fly I break it down to a very small kit that can go carry on.

20150822_132044[1].jpg
    I keep some floss, SO body wash, Listerine, OS shampoo, contact solution, AV ice blue, Adidas Moves cologne, and my contact case. I refill all my bottles from a main stock I keep at home.

20150822_132236[1].jpg

In the main compartment I keep my tooth brush and tooth paste, can of Gold Bond spray ( powder is such a mess with a black uniform), OS deodorant, and Gold Bond lotion. In the two blue tubes in the back I keep my nutragenia invigorating face wash, and poraso green shave cream. The black case I ended up getting years ago, so I dont know were I got it. i turned it into a grooming kit. I put in my '53 Gillette Tech Ball End and some VDH blades. I ordered a AOS Badger travel brush, so that is the next addition.

When I have to fly, the razor gets replaced with a pro fusion with blades, and the lotion and anything else over 3 oz get replaced with sample sizes. This has been a work in progress for several weeks now, so still working on things to add or remove, any thoughts?

2. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg This is what I take on vacation to get a good shave. Most often I'm in a rush, so I grab my Braun Electric, but I always try to get a few good shaves in.

Razor: Vintage German Travel razor NDC Merkur like head
    Brush: Van Der Hagen Badger reset to 24/48 and Cobalt Blue
    Soap: Cella classica 1899
    Blade: Feather
    Post shave: T.N. Dickerson’s Witch Hazel, Jack Black Post Shave Gel, Old Spice original Shulton early 1960s Travel Type I AS Metal cap

wristwatchb and Boojum1 like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    IMG_5425.jpg
    I simply pick a soap and off I go...

ObiDon, wristwatchb and Boojum1 like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very nice. This was one of mine.
    traveling.jpg

wristwatchb and ObiDon like this.
  5. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Nice kit! And thanks for what you do!:eatdrink047:

wristwatchb likes this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Really nice setup! Pretty much covers everything.:happy088:

7. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

Really nice kit. I have not even started thinking about travel kits as I have only been wet shaving with a DE for 2 1/2 weeks...something I will have to get set up with for sure!