My Treet Blade Experiences

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jimjo1031, Jun 17, 2017.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Great writeup!

jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Thank you

3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I found your review after doing a general search for Treet Silver.

A few years ago I bought at least one tuck of almost 70 different DE blades in a quest to find “the” blade for me.

I gave up the quest a long time ago but I’m still slowly working my way through the various blades when I’m not using my favorites.

Recently I pulled out a thick puck (11 blades) of Treet Silvers and hesitated when I noticed that they were carbon. I’d never tried carbon blades before and immediately wondered about rust. After reading a few posts I popped one in a Schick Krona and even followed the package instructions leaving the blade in the razor between shaves.

Four shaves later I was pleasantly surprised. So much so that rather than reaching for the next brand in line I decided to switch razors and try another Treet Silver. Granted, the Schick Krona can make a lot of average blades perform better than usual but this carbon experience seemed different.

Next four shaves were with my Maggard slant. Not as impressive but good nonetheless.

Today was my third Treet Silver blade and shave number one using a Gillette fat handled Tech.

Rereading this thread tells me I need to dig through my stash and find my tuck of carbon blacks. However I’m still not quite finished testing the Silver. What a pleasant surprise to find something I never expected. Previously I thought platinum blades were the best there was but now I’m not so sure.

Thanks @jimjo1031 for your review.