[N00B-post]Gramps giving me a Gillette safety razor.

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Issac, Feb 17, 2012.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Scrubbing Bubbles. DO NOT BOIL GOLD RAZORS. I've heard it can take the finish off.

DLP likes this.
  2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Welcome to The Den! Those are some great gifts from youd granddad. Be sure to thank him thourougly! Happy shavings!

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den! :signs046:

4. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I have what I think is that gold tech in new unused 1940 model. I've only used it once, but like Xezmer says, it is fail proof. The only razor I've used so far as a Newbie that I haven't nicked myself with.

5. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

:signs046: to the Den.

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den, I hope you enjoy your stay!

7. Issac

Issac Member

Shaving is going awfully well, I'm getting pretty good at lathering the soap and getting some of the tougher spots on my neck/chin.
    I haven't sampled blades much though.
    I've only tried these so far:
    vintage:
    Gillette Thin (red box, 1950s?)
    Gillete Super Blue (awfully rough shave with these compared to the Thins)

Modern:
    Wilkinson Sword (Probably the best. Not bad, considering I got them at Walmart. Although, to be fair it's the first blade I've tried that hasn't had time to oxidize.)

8. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Gramps did ya right. Very nice. I have a Black Beauty as well. Some say it's the best adjustable Gillette made. Enjoy them and good luck with your interview.

9. Issac

Issac Member

Thanks, I landed the job.
    In fact they gave me a higher position than I applied for! I'd like to brag that it was the tie, the full windsor knot, and that ultra close shave, but apparently they just really needed me.

And yeah it's a really nice razor, in fact they are both really nice razors. It seems the Gillette Tech and the Black Beauty are in a lot of people's top three on here so I got lucky.

10. Paulie

Paulie Active Member

Welcome aboard :)

11. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I love hearing about these classic razors being handed down. It makes me look forward to teaching my boy. Luckily he's only 2 so I'll have plenty of time to perfect my technique. ;)

12. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome! Congrats on your acquisition.