Nacet, revisited

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by '65 G-Slim, Mar 3, 2017.

1. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

My first experience with Gillette's Nacet blade was not the most pleasant. Rough, raw, irritating. Probably about a year ago. I think I'd gotten like five tucks way back when. So, I left them alone while I was exporing other blades. Tonight, while deciding what to use, I thought I'd give them another shot. Broke out my very best, the post-war ball-end Tech, and loaded for bear. Strong Set brush, Williams with a shot of Cremo, and not the hottest water in the world (our water heater pretty much does what it wants at times). Not the closest shave, and had to spend a bit more time touching up, but a much better shave than the first time. It could have been that rare occasion I'd actually gotten a "bad blade" back then. One of these days, I'll try one in a Ranger Tech.

crackstar, RaZorBurn123 and Demidog like this.
  2. Awful shaves/irrutation with nacet

crackstar likes this.
  3. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Nacets are pretty great blades. I've gotten some really excellent shaves with them. I can understand your initial experience with the blade feeling rough - it's not the smoothest out there but they largely make up for it in sharpness.

crackstar likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have 100 nacet blades I've yet to try, I think your technique has changed and that's why the difference.

Demidog and crackstar like this.
  5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I had some Nacets which a good friend of mine brought from Egypt when he was there visiting his family. I thought they were pretty good.

Demidog and RaZorBurn123 like this.