Name Your Soda!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Will, Mar 21, 2007.

?

Pick Your Soda!

1. Coke

20 vote(s)
    39.2%
  2. Pepsi

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Dr Pepper

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Mountin Dew

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. Root Beer

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. Other

13 vote(s)
    25.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I'm aware :cool:

You also left Ginger Ale off there

2. Will

Will Nevermind

OH, CRAP-OLA!

Guess that is means a lot of votes for "other".

3. chefchris

chefchris New Member

Another Coke head here!!!!!

I will not drink Pepsi.

But, being in restaurant management, Pepsi is a better company to deal with than Coke.

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

I voted Coke as well :D

5. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

stopped drinking the stuff a few years back. mainly for health reasons.

having said that, I was a Coke guy.

I will have the occasional "Inka Cola" when I see one, once a year or so. Anyone else try this? Oh yeah, "Old Cocker Ginger Beer" is tasty too, and also rare....

6. _JP_

_JP_ Searching for a Forum title

Cheerwine

Relatively expensive if you live outside of their distribution area, but worth it!

When I buy something locally, it's usually root beer of one brand or another. I've found that there is a store brand that I prefer over all others when it comes to root beer.

7. The Scent Fairy

The Scent Fairy New Member

I've tried them all at one time or another, but nothing beats a nice, crisp, cold Coke.

8. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

not much of a soda drinker.......
    BUT.

At home it's usually Diet Dr. Pepper
    Away: 50/50 blend of Diet Coke and Regular (Fully Leaded) Cherry coke or FL Dr. Pepper
    Regular Coke and Kessler Bourbon (or EvanWilliams 1783) for my goto mixed drink.

9. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Filtered Water
    Smoothies
    All kinds of leaf tea
    whisky

stopped all Soda drinks since 2004 health reasons , the sugar in those are evil.
    stopped with sugar in 1995.

In my former life the vote would go to Coke.

10. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Oh yeah, huge warning to all y'all coke drinkers. If you go to the McDonald's in the luxor they serve PEPSI.:eek: the horror. My wife and I were in complete and total shock. This is totally unAmerican!!!! Luckily for us our secondary drink Dr. Pepper was available.

If a Restaurant serves pepsi I usually ask if they have Dr. Pepper.(A Pepsi product but invented in TEXAS) Coke drinkers here view this as acceptable. If they dont have the DP, its just water for me.

Luckily Las Vegas does have the Coca-Cola store within walking distance of the luxor.(next to the mgm grand) Coke never tasted so good.

When I went to Italy, the diet coke there had sacarin(sp) in it. I thought it tasted better than regular coke. Wish we could get that stuff here in the states.

11. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

This reminds me of my visit to Oregon..The burger King we went to had all kinds of differnt ways to mix different drinks posted on the drink machine. For Example: 1/4cup full of sprite then fill to 1/2 way with orange, then the rest with root beer was called swamp gas or something. Darndest thing. Come to think of it the 7 Elevens had the same exact thing. Oregonians, I swear!!!::

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Actually Bob, that isn't correct. A predominate misconception though.

Check this.

Under Distribution
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper

13. Will

Will Nevermind

Good Idea, HFCS is the worst thing you can drink.

But for me they don't call it Coke for nothing. :D

14. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

JoAnna you have taken a huge load off of my shoulders. For years I thought that I was contributing to the pepsi co. in some form or fashion. Thank goodness that is not correct!!!!!

The good thing is that you can usually find Dr. Pepper served where they serve pepsi instead of coke. Frisco, TX where I live is on the northern Border of Plano, TX. Cool.

Everything She Does is Magic......Yep, proved it again.

Thanks JoAnna.

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :D A lot of Coke restaurants are now carrying Dr Pepper too. Large franchises like McDonald's, and such. Thank goodness, cause I am so sick and tired of being stuck with Diet Coke as my only choice in restaurants.

If I'm stuck with Diet Coke though, I just have to add a shot of Root Beer, and the whole drink tastes like Root Beer.

16. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Abracadabra!!!

You can get Dr Pepper at every restaurant regardless of wether they serve coke or poosi. here in TX. Just thought that was a TX thing.

17. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:rofl You crack me up man - you are always mixin & blendin somethin :happy001

You gotta name for this one? :D

18. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

YEAH !!
    RNB soda
    I'm glad somebody called me on that one !! :o
    Ordering my soda that way accomplishes 2 things:
    *1. I make sure my drink is "fresh".....ie: NOT watered down and
    *2. I like a little bit of sugar.
    FL sodas are sickening sweet to me so I cut them with either diet coke or bourbon. ::

19. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Its always Rum and COKE, never Rum and Pepsi!!!

'nuff said!

20. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

"Contrary to a popular urban legend, Dr Pepper does not, and never has, contained prune juice."(Wikipedia)

OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooo thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.