NB '17

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Primotenore, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Still in and except for consumables, I'm pretty much set for 2018 and 2019.

dbersh likes this.
  2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Well, how did folks do with no buy 2017? I used up a ton of stuff, and only replaced everyday use consumables, as needed. Learned a lot about what I do and don’t like, and will be restocking with only a few select items. That doesn’t mean I won’t try something new from time to time, but I won’t be trying everything that comes down the pike! I know what I like. I’m not so easily fooled by hype.

For instance, as an example, I’ve learned that plain old cheap, poorly packaged, unglamorous “Kiss My Face” cream is one of the best products available at any price. Great! (I just pump it out into a tub for use - did I mention that the packaging sucks?). I enjoy a select few aftershaves, but find my daily favorite is Adidias Dynamic Pulse - and I get routine compliments on it from woman (and even a few men). It’s inexpensive, is excellent on the skin, and the scent lasts most of the day. What’s not to like?

I’ve tried the expensive soaps and creams, I have about 15 brushes, 55+ razors, and tied up a lot of money in this. It was fun, but the compulsion is gone. I like good performance. I’d don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get it. But, I will if I want too! Now it will be a deliberate and well-considered act...

Happy everybody!

Primotenore, mrchick, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  3. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It's been a couple of years since I bought anything. It's time to restock but I think it will just be MWF soap, Astra or Feather blades and some after shave. I got some Captain's Choice soap and aftershave for Christmas, so those should last me awhile.

4. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Congratulations everyone who successfully completed NB'17! And congrats to those who may have gotten cramps at the 20 mile mark and didn't quite make it to the finish line, but improved their self-discipline nonetheless. ;-)

I am giving myself a new nickname for 2017, "The Finisher". I feel really good that I reversed my purchasing habits and enjoyed using & finishing a few of the products I already had. As the photo below shows, I managed to polish off a lot of product and thin out my stocks to a much more manageable level!

[​IMG]

Enrico, mrchick, jeraldgordon and 3 others like this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Nicely done!