NB '18

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by CliffDweller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Thanks. I mostly remind myself that if I get some new soaps, they will just get used once or twice for the novelty enjoyment and then will wind up buried in the 20-year stack with everything else, so what's the point. It mostly works but every now and then "the Marketing Force is strong with this one" and I really have to wrestle it down.

Even falling out now, you still seem to have done really well in your NB'18 at both working stuff down and reducing your new "Wants". Good run! And even though you are now officially out, that doesn't mean you can't continue to limit buys and come here to be talked out of some if you want.

Frijolero, Jim99, jtspartan and 2 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Someone in here predicted I'd be out by March. To him, I'll let Frank Sinatra reply:

THAT'S LIFE.......THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE SAYYYY
    YOU THOUGHT I'D BE OUT BY MARCH BUT I'M STILL
    FLYIN' ALONG IN MAYYYY

3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Just looked at my stuff and I'm in really good shape. It seems using synthetic brushes makes the product go further. Not sure I'll get thru the original starting bunch by the end of the year. Crazy!

4. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Still in, going strong.

I estimate that I can go through mid-2019 with my current stocks of soap, so I'm gonna keep it going until the tank is out of gas.

5. Paul Turner

That's wise thinking....I can't make such an estimation at this time. What I AM beginning to think is that perhaps I should begin 2019 with a "Man, I'd love to have this"(and thus purchase whatever it is), as opposed to "Ahhh, looks pretty good". Thagt might limit my purchases, but it would be OK.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

We’re in June already! 5 months down, almost 1/2 way. Everyone still good?

Primotenore likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Do
    Doing fine here still. While in Colorado I hope to be able to get some bathroom/shower decent-sized "essentials", but they would be the same things I'd buy at a CVS here...thus, nothing from the internet, nothing super-fancy. I'll be gone too long to rely on simple "TSA-safe" items.

Primotenore, jtspartan and AGHisBBS like this.
  8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

We are almost 1/2 thru the year. How's everyone doing? As for myself, no problems at all to this point.

Primotenore, AGHisBBS and jtspartan like this.
  9. Paul Turner

None for me, either. It's been a fun challenge thus far.

Primotenore, AGHisBBS and jtspartan like this.
  10. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I'm still good. I just rediscovered my Gillette Slim and a cake of Old Spice that I was holding on to. I think the best part of not buying anything is that I'm using stuff that I may have bypassed before.

11. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Yeah, and I am (re)discovering such a lot of bypassed stuff too...

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

A "cake" of Old Spice? DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA....YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!. (Sorry, Alex, I simply couldn't avoid that!!!).

mrchick and AGHisBBS like this.
  13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I just failed! Couldn't resist some Fume SS and purchased it. This stuff is very rare since the company has reportedly gone out of business

Sorry guys. But I did do better than last year. I'll try again in '19

Primotenore, mrchick and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Paul Turner

You faught the good fight. Good luck in 2019.

15. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Soap no-buy is going strong. It was tested briefly but I held out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Primotenore, mrchick and Paul Turner like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Thanks to PIFS from some of you fellas(I won't name names, you already know your names, chuk yuk yuk), I might POSSIBLY survive a NB 2019 too, but there are some purchases I'd like to make, including of course the winner of the 2019 Stoylin Tony Awards.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    mrchick likes this.
  17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect::smiley respect:You guys are amazing. I am.......weak......:angry017:.......:scared003:......
    I did resist the Stirling Lemony Orange soap...(had it in my cart three times)

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.
  18. Paul Turner

3 times in your cart-thus was that like "Yes.no...Yes...no...Yes....no"?

AGHisBBS and Primotenore like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Correct. Finally no.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  20. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Half way! Still good, and have some some pif’ed knots coming in from a generous TSD’er which should allow me to make a couple handles and keep my soap or splash viewings to a minimum...

AGHisBBS and mrchick like this.