NB '18

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by CliffDweller, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Its not the only after shave I have...:D;)

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I am not sure where the problem is here.....

MR41, Primotenore and Screwtape like this.
  3. PickledNorthern

See, I am kind of in the opposite camp here. Like most of us, I have way more stuff than I need, and I have every intention of adding to it.

4. PickledNorthern

If it is truly rescue in your heart, you could pass them on to your brother and sister straight shavers, and still stay square with the NB gods.

5. PickledNorthern

Paul.... You are either gonna breeze through this like nothing, or be a spectacular failure by March..... I’ve got even money.

jtspartan, Spyder, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  6. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Ok ... i buy soaps like every couple weeks, i have 87 soaps right now, 19 creams or croaps, 28 aftershaves. I have 37 razors and have a bad habit of wanting to order every new razor that comes out even if it don't shave any better than ones i already have and then sell them and lose like 20% of what i paid out. YES i do have a buying problem with shaving stuff and i have more important things to be spending my money on or even just saving money for that matter. That's why i am doing the NB18

7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Cold turkey is the best way to kill the acquisition disorders. Just refuse to buy anything for a year and then you'll have a better appreciation for what you have versus what you want. You won't find any soap remarkably better than the 87 you already have.

8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

But I’ve probably topped 400 razors. There comes a time when I need to step away and start restoring what I have and trading my duplicates for what I don’t have. I think I’ll actually enjoy that.

jtspartan, Spyder, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  9. PickledNorthern

My thinking is, since you have recently purchased a country manor, and are going to be living the quiet life, you will need crap to keep you busy. You will get bored with being able to shoot guns from your dining room into the back yard.

Personally, I can’t wait to see Mr Chicks Etsy store when you start getting some of these worked up. In the meantime, I am more than willing to help you out with any 6/8 and bigger pieces you feel are weighing you down.

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

AMEN!! There are plenty of flat surfaces in my place to stack stuff.

mrchick likes this.
  11. PickledNorthern

Okay, those numbers paint a little more drastic of a picture than the last post.

mrchick, Screwtape and LuvWetShavin like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That means you still win the "bet" if I succeed with the NB OR blow it in March??

mrchick likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here's Frank Sinatra, with "NB Blues":

THATS LIFE
    That's what people sayyyyy
    Succeeded through April
    Shot down in Mayyyyy

(forget it Frank, you got nuthin' on us)

14. mrchick

What a generous offer
    My Etsy store has had empty shelves for a year. I’ll remedy that after I get settled.

15. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

January 1st! Lets do this!
    Ok, I have a razor shipping out for a replate, and I reserve the right to trade products with fellow DENizens, but I am fully planning on no purchases of any kind shaving-related. I should be well-stocked for everything with the outside possibility that I will run out of witch hazel by the end of the year.

Jim99, mrchick and Paul Turner like this.
  16. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I'm all in for this NB '18 .. have everything i need and more :)

17. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Kind of like a New Years resolution. Sounds good but never seems to work out. I don't buy a lot of stuff but if I see something that I like I buy it.

18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've already slowed way down on buying, and I've failed in other no buy years. I'll buy what is priced right, no more spending outrageous amounts of money for a razor, soap, brush or aftershave.

19. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

HERE WE GO!!

SEs are locked and loaded, injectors are ready for off-day use, plenty of soaps and creams stocked up and a great mix of aftershaves.

Time to truly make wet shaving cost-effective.

Screwtape and jtspartan like this.
  20. mrchick

Count me in. I think I can do this

Troy M, Primotenore and Screwtape like this.