NB 2020?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BigMark83, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

I bought Proraso Red aftershave if anyone's curious. It probably will be available in January, but probably only in the new bottle which I hate with all of my heart.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  2. Silvestris

Anyway, good luck to all y'all.

brit and Jim99 like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Thanks!

Paul Turner and Silvestris like this.
  4. Manumik

Manumik Well-Known Member

I failed on this one.. :signs081:

brit likes this.
  5. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs081: I forgot all about it.

brit likes this.
  6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m still in. How about everyone else?

brit likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just 96 more hours and you'll make it :).

Silvestris, brit and Jim99 like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

congrats to everyone who achieved it this year..getting easier..:)

Jim99 likes this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

It’s been a tough year, so I’m glad it’s almost over. I think that part of my success in the NO BUY this year is because it was a tough year! Either way, I’m glad I made it through.

I have made a dent in my soaps and aftershaves this year, but I still have enough of everything to last me at least 3 more years. I’m considering going for a No Buy 2021 sabbatical. Anyone else in?

brit likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

I'd like to remind you that the year isn't over yet.

Jim99 and brit like this.
  11. Silvestris

I'd like to be in with the exception of stuff I most probably won't be able to buy later if that's an option.

Jim99 and brit like this.
  12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I think exceptions are fine as long as it’s not like we’re not buying 50 different shave related items and we declare it at the beginning of the sabbatical. After all, the idea of a No Buy is to manage/pare back on our current supply.

I also think that if I want to buy a new razor, I can as long as sell/PIF a razor currently in my inventory.

Rules should definitely be kept simple. Whadya think?

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  13. Silvestris

That is why I don't want to just buy everything I can possibly want before this year ends. But I also don't want to worry about stuff I wanted to try for years getting discontinued before I get to it. I promise to not buy anything just because I dislike the new packaging this time though :)

Jim99 likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

I make certain exceptions. Running out of something I can replace from CVS is ok(Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, etc). But I stick to the "no ordering from the internet" rule.

Jim99 and Silvestris like this.
  15. Silvestris

Yeah, don't be like this guy:
    [​IMG]

Shaver X and brit like this.
  16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Feeling pretty good about this year. I gave away or sold some gear.

I picked up SE blades when I was just about out of them. After 7 years of it sitting in a box, I picked up a knot for my father's brush handle.

No other shaving purchases were made and I finished the year with less kit than I started.

In the strictest sense, I failed, but for me it is a win.

b1hart, brit, Shaver X and 3 others like this.
  17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Let’s start up a 2021 sabbatical. For those with purchasing disorders, like me, we can support each other. We can keep the rules short and simple and hopefully make it fun.

brit, Shaver X and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I am still in. Since my April, 2019 post on page 1, I have only bought shaving soap, shaving cream, and aftershave balm as needed. That was only three cakes of shaving soap, two tubes of shaving cream, and one bottle of aftershave balm. The second tube of shaving cream will run out soon, so I will buy another cake of soap. And maybe a 100-pack of Gillette Rubie blades. I have about 13 months worth of blades left, and so will buy more next Fall.

I originally got into traditional wetshaving to save money. The cost for replacement blades is about one-tenth what I would be paying if I still used the Trac II. Premium soaps and creams cost the same or less than canned gel, and work much better. It is so nice to have things simple, uncomplicated and easy to deal with. The excellent shaves don't hurt either. ;)

Stay well, my friends. May the lather be with you.

19. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Instead of trying to throw it in the volcano or keep it, he should have held it up and said "Hey Sauron, is this your c### ring?" Or maybe "Yo dude, trade you this ring for your Wolfman razor!"

PanChango, Jim99, brit and 1 other person like this.