NB'19

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Troy M, Dec 27, 2018.

?

Are you in?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Conditionally...

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. I'm just here to watch

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. brit

brit in a box

congrats to everyone who stayed the course..i didn't ,but definitely refined the product purchases..:)..

Drygulch, Frijolero and Jim99 like this.
  2. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Still in and no issues making it through the last 2 weeks.

3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I ended up close, but not quite I suppose. I was aiming specifically at software, so I did pick up a few brushes and razors. One of said brushes came with a stick of Arko. That took me from 26 sticks to 27, so I won't lose any sleep over it. :happy088:

I did unload a bunch of razors, so I ended the year with fewer than I started with.

I sold a couple of brushes, bought more than a couple. So up slightly there.

Soaps? I sold 59 and finished 6. :happy108:
    Creams? Sold 7, finished 1.
    Aftershaves? Sold 19, finished 3.

2020 won't be a NB for me. (Already isn't, in fact.) But I won't be buying a whole lot. There are only a couple of things that I'm interested in right now, and I'm in no hurry.

Drygulch and brit like this.
  4. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Another successful year of NB (4 in a row). Have zero desire for anything new. Still have 2 ea of 3/4 full MdC that I bought 5 years ago. Using those 2 jars alone will get me through 2020 at a minimum.
    Consumables I may need some blades late summer.
    So after 4 years, I declare myself “master of my den”.

5. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Great feeling to complete the year and stoked to make my first purchases after 3 years!

dbersh, Frijolero, Drygulch and 3 others like this.
  6. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Whoo hoo! Completed NB19! My only shave purchase of the year was in a shadow box, and Mrs. Gulch thought it was cool enough to put on the wall.
    941F5638-9F80-4772-919B-A864EAA074D8.jpeg
    I got a reading on this as Schrodinger’s razor from @NCoxSTL prior to purchasing, as long as it wasn’t opened, it was and was not a razor, so my NB was intact. That was enough justification for my wife, but may have contributed to why I might not be able to get the actual razor.

I used up six full sized soaps in 2019, so am down to 26. Haven’t sold off any razors, but that should start soon.

7. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

Drygulch likes this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Well you can open it anytime to see if it really is a razor or not. You have the Czar's blessing. It is a nice looking piece in that frame.

brit and Drygulch like this.