Need Alternatives To: Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by idan, Aug 26, 2018.

1. idan

idan Active Member

Hello everyone:
    A few days ago I opened a discussion and a lot of people told me to try the: Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm. i tried it and i dont like it...
    I have a lot of humidity in my country and this aftershave not really suitable for my climate, within a few minutes all my face sweated without any physical effort.
    so now i am looking for another options: aftershave balm for sensitive which prone to razor bumps and burn, and not really sticky and does not cause to much sweating.
    Thanks ! :):)

2. Otto

Otto Member

I think all balms will offer a level of moisturizing that will make it feel a bit sticky in humid climates.

I don’t use too many balms, but I do use Nivea here in South Texas, and it’s very humid. I don’t apply much. Maybe about a 1/2 cm drop. You might have over-applied.

Another option is to use a witch hazel based aftershave. It’s not drying and barely stings since it has little to no alcohol. A good one I like is Shea Moisture Tea Tree and Shea butter After shave elixir. In the US it costs $7-8. It has a nice light scent which dissipates quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

178-bplatoon, idan and Arnout like this.
  3. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

I've got a few lotions and balms and I'll admit, I do notice a little sweat here and there after using any of them. Seem to encourage skin to release moisture.

idan likes this.
  4. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

i use that product three to four times a week in a very humid climate and don’t have any problems when it’s used sparingly. The other that I use is myrsol emulsion it works very well too.

178-bplatoon and idan like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Unrefined shea butter is the best thing I've found for skin conditioning. It will be sticky and greasy unless it is applied sparingly. I will apply it and blot off the excess after a few minutes. We have high humidity where I live, and I use it all the time with no indication that it makes me sweat more than I normally would.

178-bplatoon and idan like this.
  6. idan

idan Active Member

i tried witch hazel in before and its was not good...
    i am looking for only aftershave balm..

7. brit

brit in a box

korres vetiver green tea, cedarwood a/s balm. nice scent great stuff.

Frijolero likes this.
  8. BlaydRunner

BlaydRunner Member

https://www.ebay.com/p/Best-After-s...01&utm_source=google-base&utm_medium=organic&
    Here are a couple of Links to 2 products I use. I'm in a high humidity Area and have no problem with either. Again used sparingly they last a long time and seem to sooth and have a great fragrance. Not to mention both have great ingredients.
    Not necessarily where I would buy the product, this is just so you can see what it is.
    Hope this helps.

Paul76 and Frijolero like this.
  9. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

Maybe give the Proraso white balm a try... I've also found the Soap Commander balms to be pretty light, although most have menthol so that might not jive with some sensitive skin.

Paul76 likes this.