New DE user

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by lab1dobie, Jun 20, 2008.

1. lab1dobie

lab1dobie Member

After years of using Mach 3 and other multi-blade razors, I finally decided to go the DE route. I used to use a DE Bic years ago but now I decided to go high-end so to speak. I just bought an 56' Gillette Super Speed on ebay and bought an extended sampler pack from West Coast Shaving. I can't wait to try my new "toys". I've already used great shave products from Trumpers, Taylor, Caswell-Massey, Col. Conk and KMF with fantastic results. I will follow West Coast's advise and this threads advice on starting with one and working up.

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Good luck, lab.
    We'll be here when you need us :D

oh and......ditch the Caswell Massey junk. Its garbage ;)

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Welcome to the Shave Den! ::

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Looks like you dove right in!

Welcome Aboard. :cool:

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Congrats on the lifestyle change.. Welcome to The Shave Den

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

WELCOME!

Oh, and Rick's right about the Caswell stuff. At least the samples I tried. (Lord, I hate it when I agree with Rick! :D)

7. oldfat1

oldfat1 New Member

Welcome to TSD :signs046.

And BTW, Rick is right most of the time. But please don't tell him I said that.

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Welcome to TSD!! :D

Sounds like your off to a great start, Congrats!! ;)

9. lab1dobie

lab1dobie Member

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments. I was wondering about the Caswell-Massey comment since I just got a bowl of their Greenbriar soap and it seems to lather well and have a nice scent. I have not tried any of their other products. Lots of great info in these forums and I enjoy reading them each day. Best to All!!

10. MaxP

MaxP Member

Welcome to TSD. You'll enjoy your time here!

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den!

12. Automaton-Tim

Automaton-Tim New Member

Welcome to The Shave Den! Some of my best shaves have been aided by my Super Speed.

13. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Welcome!

14. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Welcome to the den!!!

15. Welcome!

I recently got a DE Safety Razor and wow! You can tell the difference right away. I used to shave with Guillete Razors, but now I am sticking to the new DE. Though, since I am new to this, I do get some cuts... :(

Dark