New from Brut

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Shep, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Ok, I'm not sure how new it is but it's the first time I'd seen it and the bottle had "New" imprinted on it.

I was purusing the shave aisle at Wally World the other day and there was a new Brut blue AS on the shelves. The label didn't say much other than the french spelling of 'lotion'. Ingredients list includes alcohol and menthol so typical of a blue splash. I did a quick Google search before posting this looking for a pic, but couldn't find an example oddly enough. There was a Brut blue splash called Actif offered back in the 90's but that's not what I saw on the shelf...at least it wasn't labeled the same and nowhere did I see 'Actif'. The front label was pretty sparse in fact.

It did have a glass bottle which is nice for traditionalists. (The AV right next to it has gone to plastic bottles I see unfortunately). Anyway there was a test bottle so I tried a splash. Sadly here it failed. Much too perfumey and kind of cheap for my tastes. The ladies in my family did say they liked it, but I couldn't stand the smell so passed on a purchase. If you're a Brut fan though it might be one to keep an eye out for. $8 at Wal Mart.

2. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I want to say Micah passed me a bottle of this about 6 months ago. I forget its name, but it came in a short stumpy blue-ish bottle. I really wanted to like it but it irritated my face.

3. robxcarlson

robxcarlson New Member

You are referring to Locion Attitude. I haven't actually tried it myself. But I'm curious to hear more about it.

4. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

wow. didn't realize they had another new product out. I was referring to Brut Revolution. See: http://www.brutrevolution.com/

5. robxcarlson

robxcarlson New Member

Revolution is discontinued. The OP is referring to Attitude.

6. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Yep, that's it. Forgot about the 'Attitude' on the label. Honestly I wasn't impressed but then I'm not a huge Brut fan. If you are you should definitely check it out.

7. AnarchoPhil

AnarchoPhil Member

I've seen this stuff at wal mart and I really like the smell, plus the glass bottle. Anyone tried it?

8. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I wish they were still owned by Faberge, Proctor and Gamble keeps putting out crap in the blue line, they should have brought back Actif Blue...

Proctor and Gamble suck, period, end of story.

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Picked up a bottle last night and used it this morning. A very light scent once put on. I like it, as does my wife, so that's a plus. As for the menthol, I put it on just after putting on some TSD M Bomb, so I really didn't feel any cooling affect. I'll have to try it by itself to see just how much menthol it has.

10. paydepst

paydepst Member

Not to go OT here, although I guess I'm about to, wasn't Brut making some aftershave or cologne a while back that had a yellow colour.? Anybody know this one or try it?