New guy to den

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Brickman301, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

* Edit* 03/02/2021
    Hello everyone, i haven’t been on here for quite some time. Looks like my last post was in August of 2018. Wow, how time flies. No reason for not posting, life sometimes just gets in the way.
    Anyways, I have never stopped wet shaving, even though I haven’t been posting. Most of my shaving is still done with straight razors, although I throw a SE in there every once and a while. I haven’t acquired any razors, blades, soaps, aftershaves, strops or stones, In a few years. I’ve been using all the things I bought when I was more active here. You all are a bunch of enablers.
    Hopefully, everyone is going good. My plan is to post here more often like I used too, see some old friends, and meet some new.
    Thanks!

Hi, I finally became a member, after a lot of looking around. I’ve been a wet shaver for quite a few years. I started with DE razors, but quickly moved to SE razors. I used only SE razor, for years. I have to admit I then when though a few bearded years, only shaving my neck. When I decided to get rid of the beard about 2 years ago, I moved to straight razors, and never looked back. I really enjoy using and maintaining straights.
    I sure do still have a lot of questions, and may be able to help others out as well.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @Brickman301 from western NY, glad you decided to join us at TSD.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their @Brickman301 . Glad you have joined us. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
    [​IMG]

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Welcome!!

9. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD!

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

12. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Hi! Welcome along, from the UK.

13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul and nice to meet you. Always happy when another member of the dark side join us. We refer to our straight razor users as members of the dark side.

14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Welcome to The Shave Den! It’s good to see another straight razor user joining our ranks.

15. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Brickman301

I hope you enjoy it here. We've got many straight users here I'm sure they can give you any help you need. :happy088:

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

17. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD Brickman301. I hope you enjoy the community as much as I do. Everyone is so warm, helpful and friendly here.

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

19. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Ok, I’ll try to answer that. As far as the soap, and brush, goes that’s easy. I’m cheap, lol, so I pretty much only use Arko soap, and a no name badger brush. Aftershaves, I switch up almost daily, although I like bay rums. Now, as of a favorite razor, that’s a hard one.As of lately, I’ve been using and really injoying a vintage Maher and Grosh 5/8” hollow ground straight. This razor is all original and looks brand new, and shaves better than it looks! I usually don’t like blades smaller than 6/8, but I’ve fallen in love with this one.

RyX likes this.
  20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome!