New HL "Shaving Round"

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by mantic, Jul 23, 2007.

1. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Charles Roberts has come out with a new "Shaving Round" as an alternative to "Da Cube" :D. Its more like a triple-milled soap with many of the same ingredients as the Cube. Now, I've never been particularly happy with the Cube: I've always had problems priming with it, didn't care for the scent, difficult to handle, etc. so I was very curious to try it when I found out about it.

Charles has said reaction to it has been "tepid" but I'm here to tell ya...I freakin' LOVE this thing :drool . Love it. LOVE it. Yes, it may--perhaps--reduce the mix velocity a little. But I was able to prime the brush MUCH more quickly, it was far more comfortable in my hand, and it has a pleasant scent. Big, BIG thumbs-up from me for this thing. :happy108

--Mark

2. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Hehe, so you finally tried the new round eh? I've been quietly using this for the past month and a half or so. I'm still about mixed on whether I like it over the cube or note. It does prime super easy and you can build a volume of mix with it with almost zero effort, even more so if you use the new higher emollient paste.

The only negative I noticed (for me at least) is you lose some of that ability to "stretch" the mix between forms. The cube based mix tends to leave a slick thin layer behind that the soap doesn't. I wind up having to relather off the brush more than I used to but aside from that, I get great shaves and great skin conditioning.

3. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Interesting. I didn't have a lick of trouble stretching the mix when I wanted to. :o

--Mark

4. msandoval858

Try cutting it with a straight then.

:D

5. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Uhhh...no. :o I did use "Satan's Razor" though (Slant/Feather), which I hear is pretty close. :cool:

--Mark

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

It can be in the wrong hands. :D

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Dude you've been holding out on me!!!!!!! Bring it with you next time.
    Is there a pic of the "Round" on his website??

Raf

8. msandoval858

You never asked :rolleyes: