New Old Stock, New In Box, 1949 Gillette Milord

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Timwcic, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

I would like to share some eye candy with all. This is something you don’t run across every day. Packed away for 70 years and it looks like it came from a drugstore yesterday. A Milord in N.O.S. Condition. As a big bonus, still has its cardboard wrapper. The razor did not even have a fingerprint until I took it out. The cream dispenser is still wrapped in cellophane. It has the original instruction book and the price tag of $2.75. I am lucky to be the caretaker for this razor. It will live a good life as a cabinet queen.

09693F17-409B-4675-90AC-ADD799E4E45F.jpeg 92242903-4ADB-444A-A298-EF709CD23903.jpeg 9DA37740-D331-4C1F-8FB9-6EE4F01B96E7.jpeg BA64722C-477C-49C9-9ADA-2BBF8D77F541.jpeg 58EFA256-BCB8-482C-B047-015115DDF8B0.jpeg BD59818F-4F69-4D08-80AD-582A94C75072.jpeg 5694F55B-FC4F-4F8D-BD4B-54FE8BEBBA32.jpeg CC6F5F4B-E061-4C6D-BB9C-662BC49D6B91.jpeg 21771B03-F5A6-471F-8557-60969B588EDD.jpeg ECC4306E-F163-4C6F-ACEC-23778AB3CC24.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Jorvaljr, Jayaruh, MacDaDad and 18 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

gorgeous razor sir..

Timwcic and Frijolero like this.
  3. Edsland

Edsland Active Member

Wow, where did you find that, she's gorgeous

Timwcic and brit like this.
  4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Wow! Set you back more than $2.75 I take it?

Timwcic, PatrickA51 and brit like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Just curious how did you determine the 1949 date. By the blades?

Nice score though for a display piece assuming you didn't pay an exorbitant sum for it.

Timwcic, PatrickA51 and brit like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Beautiful, Tim.

7. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Very, very nice indeed! :bounce017:

8. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Sadly, I have but one 'like' to give to that post.

Frijolero, Timwcic, kfbrady and 2 others like this.
  9. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Or maybe he was lucky and got it for the 2.00 that is marked on the front of the cardboard. Or is that 200.00?

brit, Timwcic and PatrickA51 like this.
  10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Wow, you sure lucked out on that find. Congratulations Beautiful set up!
    The bad part of this is I bought a new Gillette razor the other day from Amazon, to replace one that I dropped and stepped on and broke. that one is far shinier than the one I just bought.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    brit, Frijolero and Timwcic like this.
  11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Beautiful!

brit and Timwcic like this.
  12. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. Congratulations. :bounce017:

brit and Timwcic like this.
  13. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Awesome! I have owned and sold or traded at least a dozen Milford’s aside from the ones I still have in my collections. That is the nicest one I have seen yet. I have never even owned one that nice. Great score man. Congratulations. It’s beautiful.

brit, Frijolero and Timwcic like this.
  14. Timwcic

Thank you all for the kind works and comments. It was a exciting find

It was rescued from the local internet classified ads

Actually by the blade bank. The razor has a notched post but no date code. That buts it 48-49. This style blade bank was used in 49. It is possible it is late 48 as a changeover, but unless I open the dispenser, I will never be positive

It was priced in between those two prices, but much closer to the $2. It was sold my a motivated seller

brit and Frijolero like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great haul; so nice and shiny. :eatdrink013:

16. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

An amazing find. Congrats!

17. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

Wow, that one is beautiful.

I thought I'd found a nice one a couple of months ago but yours beats mine hands down!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Timwcic, brit and Enrico like this.
  18. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

About the smal ring in the center, I would say it´s a late 49 / early 50 set. Great find! :happy108:

Timwcic, brit and Linuxguile like this.
  19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I guess it would come down to does it hurt the value of the set by opening the shrink wrap to look? No one is going to doubt the 48 to early 50 date whether you did or not. You could always reseal it afterwards with heat shrink plastic. Use a vacuum seal food saver to seal the bag then a hair dryer or such to shrink it.

You can't really bill this N.O.S. unless you can verify the authenticity all the way through. Mint and most likely unused by condition yes. If that makes a difference in price then I personally wouldn't open the blade package then and authenticate fully if I could.

Let me put it this way on the N.O.S. vs a mint complete set. Condition, completeness can be judged by both parties or by a third party both agree to abide by their opinion. In the case of N.O.S. it is he said, she said type of deal. Would you or another seller being willing to sign a legally binding sworn affidavit as part of the sale without absolute proof the veracity of that claim.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  20. Timwcic

Thank you all for the kind responses

Not to shabby, great score

Thank you for the imput. How a subtle difference can pinpoint a year of production