new razor for me

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by digit71, Sep 11, 2008.

1. digit71

digit71 New Member

:D Hi folks have got the merkur futur razor which i like. Thing is i have a tache and goatie and i find it hard to keep these neat with the merkur. Is there a different kind of razor that you can see a bit better with.

thanks for any help

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Welcome to TSD, Digit! Can't help you with your question, but there are several guys around here who have goats...I'm sure someone will be along shortly.

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Sorry, I can't help either -- I only have pigs. :p

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Merkur makes a smaller moustasche trimmer razor but I wouldnt recommend it. The future just happens to have a huge head but eventually you will get used to knowing the blade angles and how far the blade reaches when you shave.

5. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

My stache does fine with a standard Gillette head and a 5/8 straight. Just be aware of the location of the stache and get a stache razor from Merkur if you need to.

Welcome aboard.

6. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

As JayKay said, it's all about finding the angles. I sport a full goatee too and use my Futur with very good results (used it this morning!).

If you want a "neater" DE I can recommend a Gillette Tech or a Gillette Slim, both work fine for me too.

7. Hi there,
    Some gillette adjustables like the slim and super have a fairly flat head which would probably be easier to work with than what you have now. Take a look at their profile if you can, and compare them to your merkur.
    Injectors have great sight lines, and can provide a very nice shave. I know some members use those as a kinda touch up thing around tight places with good results.
    I'd go with a later model if you decide to try one (starting with the 'J' type year), and there's lots of info about those things if you do a search. I used an injector for a long time and loved the shave.
    The other quick fix might be either a sensor or trac2 cartridge system for those spots. They both have their fans, and I found the sensor to be quite a bit better than the M3 I'd been using. These are also very slim, and it's easy to see what you're shaving. Make sure you get the one WITHOUT the lube strip.
    Hope that helps,
    Martin

Oh.....I just read Johan's and Jay's posts...........so there you go.

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

If you are just looking for something to clean up around the goatee, Bic Metal disposables have a super low-profile head and a wickedly sharp single blade. Here is a good place to get them.

9. digit71

digit71 New Member

Thanks for the quick response folks. I think i will try the injector razor as this sounds more like the shave experience i am after.
    I am really thankfull for such good advice from all of you. :signs001