New soap containers

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Hillbilly79

Hillbilly79 Well-Known Member

I just clean and reuse soap contianers. An Arko tub with a Stirling sample are perfect for travel. Used RR tubs are good to reuse as well. Just need to relabel them.

2. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was the thread I was looking for but it will work.... The wife and I had KFC last week, the $5 box, and the sides come in handy little plastic containers with lids.

VoilĂ ! Fill my belly and store some soap/cream.
    [​IMG]

Enrico, Jasman, theFAT98 and 6 others like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I love when stuff like this happens! Very
    :bounce017::signs021::bounce017:. Way to repurpose!

4. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

How are your brushes hanging from that shelf?

chrisbd likes this.
  5. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Double sided tape, metal washer, one sided self stick magnetic strips.

chrisbd and Douglas Carey like this.
  6. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

Genius. Thank-you very much.

chrisbd, Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  7. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Just wait till you see what I'm creating next I think you guys are going to flip out.

8. cmbcne

cmbcne Member

I have a dozen of the Ikea Grundtal tins. I used double faced tape to fix a thin sheet of steel (from the hardware store -- used to fix ductwork) to the underside of a shelf in the bathroom closet. I put tiny round ceramic magnets on my brushes and now I can store the soap tins and the brushes upside down.

If I wanted to stack the Ikea tins, they would do so nicely. Here's a picture of six tins stacked with a small mint tin tipping the stack to one side and it's still stable:

To Post.jpg

ob1page, JR Reyes and whiteboy_cannon like this.
  9. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any brown and tan containers where the top screws on? I could at least color match a few to one of me shave kits and label it for the soap I'll use it for.

whiteboy_cannon likes this.
  10. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Those look different from mine; taller and the glass/plastic see-through top on yours look concave while mine are convex. Obviously, stackability improves a lot with your version. Yours look flush when stackin, mine are 'poor balancers'. These new or old?

11. cmbcne

cmbcne Member

Hi Halvor.
    I bought mine this year (2016), and they match the ones shown by using the link posted by JR Reyes (post #7):
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80102919/
    so I guess IKEA must have redesigned them between when you got them and when I did.

Perhaps you should pick up a 3-pack and give them another try.

I don't know if the lid is perfectly air-tight, but it is "snug". Besides, I leave mine open for a few hours to let the insides dry a bit before hanging it up again. So far no problems.

Good luck.

12. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

I got some Pyrex 1 cup bowls from Walmart (4 pack). Nothing too fancy, but they leave plenty of room for loading and seal well. image.jpeg These 3 are waiting for my incoming Fine pucks. I'll cut the box and attach them to the top as labels.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  13. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I also use the Pyrex 1 cup containers to store a few of my soaps that didn't come in their own containers. They work great...and stack well. They are a bit slippery when wet...but easy to grip because of their size. I like the extra space to work a lather.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  14. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

Sorry, should have said 1 cup containers. Fixed!

15. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I'm working on ordering and testing some things. Right now I'm in a buying mode of various things in what seems like a whirlwind of putting together 3 different shave kits. I am just going to throw a bunch of products against the wall and see what sticks. Figure out what things look good and go good together. Figure out what smells and products work in great unison together. I will probably be either storing or giving away a few barely used items when this is done. More than likely just store them until I find another few items that match up with them.

When I figure things out, I'll be taking pictures and posting reviews.

16. cmbcne

cmbcne Member

This is a follow-up to my earlier post ...
    ... it seems that Ikea has changed their catalog numbers and the URL I posted is no longer accurate. Please use:
    https://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/20176376/
    instead.

Halvor, brit and Douglas Carey like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

i have those as well.they work very well and the soap labels stick to the lids

18. brit

brit in a box

very nice ,i would buy and use those.