New to me -- De Vergulde Hand

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Troy M, Nov 30, 2017.

1. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I have both original and extra fris types. Original one's scent is nicer for me. Fris means fresh but it does not contain menthol.
    I like clean, powdery scent of this soap. Lathers great. I use it in rotation, but i do not think it is proper for daily use. It makes my skin dry.
    DVH balsam is a very succesful product, IMO. Especially it is a good skincare for winter.

RyX, Vlasta and Yehuda D like this.
  2. Arnout

Arnout Well-Known Member

I react on something in the balm, the sent is ok at best, but the soap is good, and its certainly cheep!

RyX and Yehuda D like this.
  3. sm1h

sm1h Member

I quite like it. Nothing too fancy and does the job. Will share some image of the lather next time to see if I can perfect the water/soap ratio. My skin gets a bit dry but not sure it's due to the soap. Some nivea sensitive afterwards helps!

4. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I found it to be a good soap but thirsty and a little drying - nothing a drop or two of glycerin in your shave bowl would not solve.

RyX and Frijolero like this.
  5. sm1h

sm1h Member

Thanks for the tip! Will experiement with more water as well

Frijolero, Yehuda D and Vlasta like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

You’re not missing anything - believe me! Lol

Frijolero likes this.
  7. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I personally think that for less than $2.00 it is hard to beat. It has also been around for like 460 years... so they are doing something right.

Frijolero, Yehuda D and Paul Turner like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

lol I love De Vergulde Hand. I was talking about the Kruidvat soap which is also Dutch and very cheap. By itself it’s fairly decent in the sense that it gets the job done but IMHO it’s nowhere even close to De Vergulde Hand in quality. :)

bayercy, RyX, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

is it available here?

10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I’ve wanted to try it, but I can’t bring myself to pay the shipping on EBay.

brit likes this.
  11. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I agree , Kruidvat Originals Soap is a good performer and also very cheap. Their performance are very close. I think same company produces them. DVH scent is better for me. [​IMG]

Yehuda D, RyX and brit like this.